Marantz SR7011 AV Receiver for Stereo performance

Thanks much. The products are not even available here. The dealer needs to import them. Thats the issue and no stores here offer auditions for such audiophile brands. So Im all the more careful and reading all available resources and seeking experts like yourselves. Budget is not a constraint on Hint 6. Just that I am skeptical of getting into the IA zone cos recently I heard the Hegel H360 on Kef900 in a store and I didnt much like its performance. Found it kind of bland and unappealing to the ears. Not sure how Hint 6 would compare to the Hegel. So with my limited knowledge thought NC2250+ some Pre would be better.
Do you have the capability to source from US?
Maybe someone can carry stuff over in baggage ;)

Cheers,
Raghu

I have tried Poweramp like Rotel 5ch ,Marantz 7055 connected to Marantz ,Yamaha Avrs, yes it does control speakers well, but signature of AVR pre doesn't change much.When you need good music, then adding a good stereo amp with Ht bypass can be better option.
Do you have the capability to source from US?
Maybe someone can carry stuff over in baggage ;)

Cheers,
Raghu
I do have friends who can ship from there but in present situation it seems challenging and not cost effective. If I add the frieght and customs seems I might as well go through a local dealer.

I do have friends who can ship from there but in present situation it seems challenging and not cost effective. If I add the frieght and customs seems I might as well go through a local dealer.
Shipping does not make sense. If someone can carry in their checked baggage, it may be cost effective.
I had both preamp and poweramp bought and carried over in baggage last year.
Friends were visiting with family, so they had enough weight/volume per passenger.
Anyways, I guess people movement is still restricted for now.
Cheers,
Raghu

Shipping does not make sense. If someone can carry in their checked baggage, it may be cost effective.
I had both preamp and poweramp bought and carried over in baggage last year.
Friends were visiting with family, so they had enough weight/volume per passenger.
Anyways, I guess people movement is still restricted for now.
Cheers,
Raghu
yes it is restricted. and btw while i was finalizing Hint 6, i came across a good offer for Rotel RA 1592 and Yamaha AS3000 (display piece priced same as HInt 6). Not sure if its in the same league. Any other amps (with HT bypass) that would compete head on with the Hint 6 at that price?

Last edited:
I have not heard Rotel 1592. In fact I have not listened to Rotel products in a couple of decades.
Sorry, can't be of help on this one.

Cheers,
Raghu

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back