Floorstanders 50k to 70k

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
Looking for a quick opinion. Will be used only for movies and playing PS4.

My AVR is a Marantz SR6009.

Polk audio RTiA7
Polk RtiA5
Polk signature S60

Anything else in this budget?

You may want to consider something like Dolby Atmos enabled speakers like below..
R-26FA_Topjpg.jpg

This will serve you both as floor standers as well as height speaker integrated in them.. Eventhough bouncing/reflecting sound of ceiling is not ideal, it might fit best to your needs of not running the wires along the front wall..

The rear side of the speaker has two inputs.. One for floorstanders (connecting usual way) and an other pair for Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.. See pic below..

R-26FA_Back.jpg

At present you can connect your non Atmos AVR as front heights to these speaker terminals.. When you upgrade to Atmos capable AVR, this FS should help you..

Klipsch FS have higher sensitivity than other speakers.. So it should be easier to drive them..

Check Cinebels for a demo and insist on higher discount ;)..

Here is the product link for detailed info - http://www.klipsch.com/products/r-26fa-dolby-atmos-speaker

its all about personal choice and taste, best is the audition each and choose what you like most...personally i dont like dali's sound signature...

Yes thats for sure. I have a fair idea about celester340's taste and what he has owned so far, hence suggested him the thread with a tag of offline discussion.

I have no idea about your tastes so all I would suggest you, is to visit dealers, audition and pick what you like most.

MaSh

I’m going to add the Klipsch r28f into the mix here.

Anyone using these speakers? Never heard a Klipsch before. Any user views?

I have heard the Klipsch Quintet speakers....decent for HT and ok for music...

http://www.klipsch.com/products/quintet-home-theater

During the Annual Audio / Video WhatHifi show held at St Regis (Lower Parel Mumbai), I visited the CineBels stall (room actually) and heard the big floor standing speakers of Klipsch...quite refined....

This show happens in March....if you are not in an actual rush to buy the tower speakers....we can meet up and go for this AV exhibition.....see some speakers ...there are spot discounts offered at times....

I’m going to add the Klipsch r28f into the mix here.

Anyone using these speakers? Never heard a Klipsch before. Any user views?

I had the Klipsch RP160M BS & RP 440c center channel along with Denon x 3300 for a while, liked it very much..Have used it for 10 hrs a day continuous playback, no fatigue..

Let me rephrase my last.... are there any Klipsch flooorstanders in MY budget of 50-70k? ;-)

Let me rephrase my last.... are there any Klipsch flooorstanders in MY budget of 50-70k? ;-)

May be there is one..Stick to 6 inch drivers on the FS, so the price will also be with in your budget..

R28f is 8 inch driver..It will be expensive..

Anyways, negotiate very hard with cinebels for the atmos enabled FS and try your luck..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back