Floorstanders and centre speaker combo for denon 2600 avr

anirudh panwar

please advice a floorstander and centre speaker combo for my present setup of Elac Debut B6.2 Speakers with a denon 2600 avr.budget 1L max.some techo suggested both of these be from the same stock?? /lot?/ to match timbre...

With a budget of 1L for FS & Center combined you might not try get an upgrade in overall SQ over the Elac B6.2 ( Their FS counterparts itself sell for around 75-80k). If you are willing to go a little higher some options would be
i) Kef Q550/ Kef Q750 - The sound presentation is different from Elac and you may feel like it's an upgrade
ii) Quad S5 - Hifimart is already running a discount to clear stocks and are mentioning to contact them for further discounts
iii) XTZ Spirit 11 / XTZ 95.44 - Sell at about 8k difference within each other, Spirit 11 is the more neutral of the two with amazing mids and 95.44 is the livelier one
iv) Concept 40 - Not sure if it's an upgrade over the 6.2 series but their bookshelf counterparts certainly sing

If you are ok with upgrading to a bookshelf with a similar budget you can look for
i) Dynaudio Emit m20
ii) Elac Uni B5
iii) Wharfedale Evo 4.4

You can preserve budget for center and go for a matching one as per the spekaer you finalize

flux...thanx....is it mandatory to have the centre and floorstanders from the same brand and same lot?// to ensure correct timbre??

Well the idea is to have a seamless panning of sound. As you know each brand has its own signature, so now imagine a fire engine siren panning from left to right. You would want the siren sound to remain the same through out and not dip or peak or thin out or thicken or sound totally different in the middle. Hence the suggestion for same brand/model series for the center as the fronts.

MaSh

Looking for some more suggestions for my Elac Debut B6.2 Speakers with a denon 2600 avr combo....have to pick up a floorstander pair...i mean speakers apart from Inqiqaudio..looking for comments from members using denon 2600

Anirudh
Have you actually heard a speaker that you like ?
Or are you going to buy blind based on the suggestions here
( If you are buying based on suggestions here then all the options quoted above by other members are good - you could flip a coin )

If you are leaning towards techno
I would not sweat about having the same brand

Infact personally I don't see a difference even on home theatre ( just my opinion)

Denon does pretty well with
Elac , quad , kef, monitor audio, jamo
( At least these are the only ones I've heard them with - im sure there are others)

@anirudh panwar , The Elac B6.2 works very well with Stands. I did not believe that at first but then was amazed with the results. If floor standers is not mandatory then may be you can utilise the same budget to invest on a good Sub & a matching Center for the Elac’s that’s (Debut C6.2) with that budget you have you can go for a very good sub. Look for Rythmik or XTZ. There is a group buy going on organised by fm @nvnaveen. May be you can get a good deal that way.
Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Som

@anirudh panwar , The Elac B6.2 works very well with Stands. I did not believe that at first but then was amazed with the results. If floor standers is not mandatory then may be you can utilise the same budget to invest on a good Sub & a matching Center for the Elac’s that’s (Debut C6.2) with that budget you have you can go for a very good sub. Look for Rythmik or XTZ. There is a group buy going on organised by fm @nvnaveen. May be you can get a good deal that way.
Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Som
Thanks for referring
@anirudh: we are planning n formed group to buy Rythemik subwoofer where we can get best possible discount . If u are happy with rythemik brand which is one of the bet sub n well reviewed brand . PM me if u r decided to buy with us, FYI we are planned to place order next week end n payment to dealer so before that that would help u n me both for better deal.
Thanks

Back