Floorstanders for Marantz SR5003

navinsundar

Hi,
I want to get floorstanders for Marantz SR5003. I have the following speakers in my budget, pls tell me which one would be better.

Dali Ikon6
Spendor A5
Monitor Audio RX6

In addition to the brands mentioned I am also looking towards KEF, Q-Acoustics, PSB and other suggestions as well. I want to setup a 5.1 and later 7.1

Can someone help

In addition to the brands mentioned I am also looking towards KEF, Q-Acoustics, PSB and other suggestions as well. I want to setup a 5.1 and later 7.1

Can someone help

if you want to setup 5.1 later, please also audition the center channel also along with the mains as its probably the most important speaker in 5.1 setup. no point in later finding out that you dont like any center channel from the mains manufacturers

Hi,
I want to get floorstanders for Marantz SR5003. I have the following speakers in my budget, pls tell me which one would be better.

Dali Ikon6
Spendor A5
Monitor Audio RX6

Listen to these and others over a period of time preferably using the Marantz as well. Pick the one that sounds best to you with your worst and best CDs - the best and worst sounding in the lot.

You are looking at speakers of quite good quality. You may find in the end that your receiver may not be doing justice to the capabilities of these speakers. Do give a thought or two about this.

But of course if you would like to setup a home theatre system as opposed to a stereo one, this should not be a matter.

The Marantz does well with PSB, Wharfedale as well as EPOS speakers. Do audition and decide based on your impressions. Also do share them with the forum after your auditions.

Hi,

Dali Ikon6
Spendor A5
Monitor Audio RX6

Navin,

If it were for stereo, I'd have told Ikon 6. But since you are planning to partner them with an avr, you are better off with MA. Admittedly my experience with the RX6 is limited as compared to RS6 (only occasional listening at a near by friendly shop driven by a Kandy K2 combo). They do give better bass among the 3 which could be an added bonus for HT applications.

However (this is where I contradict myself) in the future if you want to expand to a full fledged home theater, the Ikon 6 HT will better any in that price range, including the RS6 based package. For sweet mid-range and vocals, my pick would be the Ikon6. I used to own one!

The Spendor A5 is rather neutral imo - and that also not in a good way for my taste. I remember finding it flat and bass not really one of its best qualities. It however will be be a good choice with vocal music and may be a powerful amp.

While marantz is undoubtedly a musical avr, it might not be a good choice for HT applications imo. You are better off with Denon or Onkyo. Denon, I feel will be the right mix of music and movie attributes while Onkyo ( and Yamaha) will probably provide brute force kinda movie experience.

As rightly mentioned in the above posts, take your amp around and listen to your shortlisted speakers with music/movies from your own collection. Might seem physically difficult but its worth the effort.

Happy auditions.

Navin,
While marantz is undoubtedly a musical avr, it might not be a good choice for HT applications imo. You are better off with Denon or Onkyo. Denon, I feel will be the right mix of music and movie attributes while Onkyo ( and Yamaha) will probably provide brute force kinda movie experience.
Happy auditions.

I totally agree with Unleash here. I own a SR5001 and I use it for HT duty. I know I am missing something...
Now, since you have already bought the AVR, lets suggest the speakers.

I own PSB T55 fronts and C60 center. This is a great match. You may also try thr PSB T45. I have not heard the RX6 but RS6 is another fantastic choice.

Cheers!

if you are going to go for a sub, why go for floorstanders:confused:
in your full setup, if you have a sub, you will be crossing over at about 80hz, rendering the bass driver in the floorstanders pretty much useless.

if you are going to go for a sub, why go for floorstanders:confused:
in your full setup, if you have a sub, you will be crossing over at about 80hz, rendering the bass driver in the floorstanders pretty much useless.

Floorstanders would be better when he shall listen to music.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back