Floorstanders + stereo amp possible under 1 lakh?

Just look at the specs of yamaha rs202, an entry level yamaha amp costing 20k, mentioned as high power output of 100w per channel. Do you really think a marantz costing Twice that of the yamaha will output half the power?
These are just how the company markets its products
Power(watts) and money are not tied together. You can find 10 watt stereo amps for 10 times the price of a 350 watt amp. It is the combo's synergy that gets liked or disliked.

Agree with rikhav about stereo amps. Any reason you chose florr standing speakers instead of standmount and subwoofer combo?

It's a personal wish fulfillment decision more than logic. Have always wanted it, but never had a big enough living room before.

Hi....

Have you visited JUST AUDIO at Porvorim? Check what they have and share the rates....we will then further advise accordingly....

Some options to consider since you are based in Goa....ofcourse...go and audition with your music and decide....

https://www.olx.in/item/jbl-studio-180-pair-designer-speakers-ID1dTcDJ.html#f1125f4502

https://www.jbl.com/STUDIO+180BK.html

https://www.olx.in/item/yamaha-ns555-tower-speakers-for-sale-in-mint-ID1hu3Z9.html#f1125f4502

I am a huge Marantz fan for the last 6 years and yes it has good built quality and performance.....a 50 watts per channel AVR can easily drive the Dali Zensor 7 tower.....verified and used by one of our FMs on Bengaluru....

All the best!

Thanks. I did speak to Just Audio, its close by. He had more home theatre gear than stereo. Polk, Monitor Audio etc. But, still, will talk to him again.

Power(watts) and money are not tied together. You can find 10 watt stereo amps for 10 times the price of a 350 watt amp. It is the combo's synergy that gets liked or disliked.

Exactly.
There are some accuphase and first watt amp making just 30 odd watts and cost way above 6000 USD

I mean cost = watts is the last thing one should assume.
Moreover there is so much more to stereo sound then just power

Thanks. I did speak to Just Audio, its close by. He had more home theatre gear than stereo. Polk, Monitor Audio etc. But, still, will talk to him again.

See the Pre owned options...check the online price for the new one and bargain accordingly.....Given the Goa salty weather (proximity to sea or beach), you need to be mindful of the speakers you purchase....

In Mumbai there are also a lot of amps available over OLX....integrated stereo ones if you are not too brand conscious and these work quite well...for example Telome.,,,there are 2 amps available.....100+100 and 200+200....priced differently...

Just Audio sells Telome, you can demo there and then take a call to pick the Telome amp from OLX seller.....

I own a Yamaha RS-500 integrated amp and a pair of Pioneer SPFS52 towers, my living room is about and 450 sqft and the system has a thrilling yet room filling sound. My listening preference is similar to your's and I'm very happy with my purchase...

Agreed. But please interpret my comment in the context of OP. He wanted to buy Marantz PM6006 with wharfedale 230 when somebody mentioned that the marantz won't drive the speakers properly as it is only 50 wpc. I only wanted to highlight that wpc mentioned under specs can't say whether it will drive a certain speaker well as these are just numbers. Many marantz owners can vouch for that. Essentially I am saying the same thing as you!

Thanks for the responses. Its cleared my head and helped get some focus.
Will update this thread when I finally put the system together.

at that price point, the acoustic portrait swara amp @ 38k will win hands down. the wharfedale diamonds as speakers are pretty good. you can also look at the kef q series. keep a budget for a decent dac

Closing the loop on this.

Just got the Wharfedale Diamond 230 & Marantz PM7005. My fears of under-amping proved unfounded. Room-filling sound with the volume dial barely touching the 10 o'clock position.

Thanks for all the useful suggestions!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back