Floorstanders suggestions

adas

Hi Guys ,
I need your suggestions on choosing a pair of floorstanders for my living room for roughly 25X12ft. Following are the set of requirements.

1. Budget Max 1lk
2. Front ported
3. 3Way or 2.5Way
4. Needs to handle 200-300W of power.
5. Preferably with dual 6.5inch or 8inch drivers for woofers.

Do let me know if you know anything similar.

Regards
Aniket Das

If preowned is okay for you, someone is posted the AD for Monitor Audio Gold speakers in Mumbai. Check classifieds section for more details. They are premium speakers.

Hi Guys ,
I need your suggestions on choosing a pair of floorstanders for my living room for roughly 25X12ft. Following are the set of requirements.

1. Budget Max 1lk
2. Front ported
3. 3Way or 2.5Way
4. Needs to handle 200-300W of power.
5. Preferably with dual 6.5inch or 8inch drivers for woofers.

Do let me know if you know anything similar.

Regards
Aniket Das
Some Yamaha NS-F... series have front ported with good power handling. NS-f350 measured well but not available in india. But also it doesn't mean that all NS-F series will be good so audition and informed purchase will be beneficial.
Regards

Getting a good 3 way in 1L is difficult. Also I wont suggest a floorstander in this budget esp if its for a home theater use, you will get more vfm for a good quality bookshelf like Revel M16 or M106 or Dynaudio or even Wharfadale evo is also decent. Revels are rear ported though

Don't get disheartened by the suggestions that you need to spend a fortune for a pair of floorstanders. One man's meat is another man's poison.

My suggestion: look around online stores and find a pair that fits in your budget. Then find a showroom, listen to them, preferably with your own amp and see if it's pleasing to your ears. (The word 'audition' is consciously omitted :))

See if Taga 806F meets your requirements. It's far cheaper than 1 L and has a front port, 3-way crossover with the dual 8-inch driver.

Like Vignesh said above, the Tagas are a definite option.
Could also check out these two around the budget:

Emotiva T1+ (Power handling: 150W continuous / 300W peak)

Paradigm Monitor 6000F (maximum input power, however, is only 100W)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back