Floorstanding Speakers for Marantz CR603

yyvivek

I am buying Marantz CR 603. I am looking to pair it with decent floorstanding speakers which it can drive.

Most people advise that it should be paired with bookshelfs only but I would like floorstanders.

I searched on the forum but could not get a definite answer.

Based on some reviews and suggestion by HiFi Mart I am looking to buy Wharfdale 10.1 or 230. Budget approx 50 K.

I like to listen to Rock, Pop and Ghazals. I want detailed deep sound/tight bass at low to mid volumes.

Experts may advise on the suitability of these speakers and the Marantz capability to drive them. Alternate suggestions are most welcome. This will be the main system. Dont have the budget/ space/ patience to now collect seperates.

Thanks
:signthankspin:

CR 603 may not able to drive Floor standers to their potential or properly, that is why most are suggesting you to go with bookshelves.
A bookshelf speaker worth 50K would conceivably be better than a floor stander of the same price, while that is not a general rule but there is some logic to it.

There are many options in that budget, hear with Marantz and decide for yourself.

try standmounts + a small subwoofer.. should do the trick assuming the room is not too large.

take it step by step.. good standmounts first..then the sub.. as 50k will be inadequate for both if you go the new purchase route

I would suggest you to carry your 603 for auditions and try with both bookshelf and Floorstanders.

See if it is able to drive them and which sounds better to your ears.

Don't simply go by somebody else's suggestions and regret later.

Thanks All for your valuable suggestions.

I am trying to avoid stands for bookshelves. Not really interested in a sub. Want a pair of speakers only. The main thing against bookshelves is lesser/not so tight bass. Simple laws of physics (More room = more/deeper bass).

Unless I find a bookshelf speaker which does the trick.

Regarding CR603 not being able to drive the Wharfdale 10.1 or 230s - I don,t know how the HiFi Mart sales guy is suggesting that it will be able to do so and that he has sold such combos??

Could somebody knowledgeable enough on amp-speaker matching throw some light after going through the specs of both (CR 603 and Wharfdales)

I am also planning to visit Bass n Treble in Delhi for their opinion.

Will keep u guys posted. In the meantime if some experts could throw some more light on the subject.

:signthankspin::

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back