Floorstanding speakers within one lac for 22*12 living room

Ankit Fedex

Hi Members,

I have been thinking of buying concept 40 for my living room which also has a open kitchen with it. I will add a subwoofer and centre channel too. Thinking concept centre and QB12. Can you suggest something else which I should try before buying this? Also, is concept 20+stands enough instead of concept 40? What other floorstanding towers will perform better than concept 40 for the living room with a centre channel and subwoofer? Avr i have thought denon 2700h.

I have concept 40s. they're lovely speakers for the price, despite me running these with a x1400h, which is not a great AVR in terms of power. Concept Center is scheduled to arrive in couple of days. Their performance in terms of dialogue clarity is yet to be tested.

Please audition Indiq audio platinum or diamond achalls.they are v much praised here.since you have from Bangalore you can do that.they are really value for money

Also consider Elac Debut 6.2 and Mission QX5. Both are highly regarded and slightly different sound. Bass is better in Elac.
And call up Anil to see if you can swing a discount deal on Wharfedale Linton Heritage. That would be a class act.

Hi Members,

I have been thinking of buying concept 40 for my living room which also has a open kitchen with it. I will add a subwoofer and centre channel too. Thinking concept centre and QB12. Can you suggest something else which I should try before buying this? Also, is concept 20+stands enough instead of concept 40? What other floorstanding towers will perform better than concept 40 for the living room with a centre channel and subwoofer? Avr i have thought denon 2700h.

Hi Ankit,

I would suggest to audition the following speakers from the below venues and then take a call
i) Concept 40 & ELAC FS 6.2 from Modern World Domlur
ii) KEF Q750/950 from ProFX
iii) XTZ Spirit 11 / 95.44 from Home Cinema
iv) Wharfedale Evo 4.4 from MG road
v) IndiQ Platinum Achal from IndiQ audio
vi) Dali Oberon at HTStore

Personally to me the IndIQ Platinum Achal offered the most rounded performance overall and I preferred them over the above mentioned speakers barring the Wharfedale which I have never auditioned. Another advantage being they are high sensitivity speakers and they will run fine off the 2700h too (although every speaker listed here will benefit with a dedicated stereo amp if music is a primary area of focus)

@Ankit Fedex - most valuable suggestions have already been given - however just my 2 cents -

1 - X2700H is a fine AVR, I have it too, the only thing I miss however is the pre-outs so planning to upgrade for that very reason. Just mentioning so you do not feel the same later - if your budget permits try something with pre-outs - 3700 maybe.
2 - I have tried both the QA C20s and C40s both with the X2700H and I own the C20s + QB12, personally I think C40s are a much better option - much more rounded and versatile speaker than C20s - but audition if you can.
3 - Like others suggested do audition the INDIQ speakers, these seem to be all the rage amongst many who have used or are using much more expensive speakers, so might be an absolute steal.

Hi Members,

Subwoofer is underpowered for this space.

@Ankit Fedex you can read my thread to get more insights. I travelled from Jaipur to GGN / Delhi and to BLR for auditions. After auditioning whole lot, I finally bought Indiq audio platinum achals and super happy with the choice.

@Ankit Fedex you can read my thread to get more insights. I travelled from Jaipur to GGN / Delhi and to BLR for auditions. After auditioning whole lot, I finally bought Indiq audio platinum achals and super happy with the choice.
It seems that there is consensus regarding Indiq Audio. I will surely try for demo. Thanks

Hi FMs
My dealer is strongly suggesting Monitor Audio Bronze 500 with MA Bronze C150 as centre. I am going to audition concept 40 with Concept centre. Also Indiq Audio as per recommendations. Is Monitor Audio Bronze 500 comparable to these? I am getting MA Bronze 500 & Concept 40 at same price. But I have not been able to find dealer for auditioning MA Bronze 500 + C150 as centre.

I have concept 40s. they're lovely speakers for the price, despite me running these with a x1400h, which is not a great AVR in terms of power. Concept Center is scheduled to arrive in couple of days. Their performance in terms of dialogue clarity is yet to be tested.
Pls let me know hoe concept centre performs.

Also consider Elac Debut 6.2 and Mission QX5. Both are highly regarded and slightly different sound. Bass is better in Elac.
And call up Anil to see if you can swing a discount deal on Wharfedale Linton Heritage. That would be a class act.
Sorry but I don't know Amit. How can I contact him? Also, will I be able to audition Wharfdale linton heritage in Bangalore?

Sorry but I don't know Amit. How can I contact him? Also, will I be able to audition Wharfdale linton heritage in Bangalore

Also, will I be able to audition Wharfdale linton heritage in Bangalore
Check with Qubix technologies, they deal with wharfedales.

Lots of good suggestion in the thread, good luck with your pursuit. Of the speakers I heard in this range I liked Q acoustics and Dalis. Elacs should be good for movies.

Hi FMs
My dealer is strongly suggesting Monitor Audio Bronze 500 with MA Bronze C150 as centre. I am going to audition concept 40 with Concept centre. Also Indiq Audio as per recommendations. Is Monitor Audio Bronze 500 comparable to these? I am getting MA Bronze 500 & Concept 40 at same price. But I have not been able to find dealer for auditioning MA Bronze 500 + C150 as centre.

Pls let me know hoe concept centre performs.
This is not my first hand experience as I have not personally heard Bronze 50, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Concept 40s should be a notch above Bronze 500. They’re more comprable to MA Silver 200s.

Hi Ankit, Welcome to the forum.
You can audition QA/Mission @ Bluewave Jayanagar- +91 99168 36867 , QA/Elac @Modern world Domlur +91 98440 80414

For Wharfedale Star AVS vivek nagar - 81050 55008

Last edited:
Based on my audition of MA Silver and C40, I felt MA Silver has better bass than C40. The other point to note is majority of the demo centers are acoustically treated, so you will not get to know how they will sound in a regular room. If you happen to visit Indiqaudio, you will have the opportunity to audition the setup in a regular living room with no acoustic treatment and you can audition the towers with AVR, Integrated and Power Amps. Also, their 15 day trial and custom laminate shade are great add-ons.

There are so many good speakers out there that it is hard to really pick one for you. Not familiar with the brand Concept.

You should also consider stand mounts. Some excellent options from Kef, Elac, Polk Audio. As you plan to get a sub woofer, the pairing should go well versus a full size speakers than can take care of bass by themselves.

I am not so sure about power handling of your Denon AVR. They are among the better receivers for power but unless you try with the speaker you are shopping for, its hard to say how they will go along.

Sorry but I don't know Amit. How can I contact him?
+919322337331
Anil Chugani. He is the owner of Hifimart.com, the shop that hosts this wonderful forum.
All of us who have dealt with him would vouch that he is a very honest and wonderful dealer with good advice. I have always preferred to deal with him as long as the product is available with him as he will be matching the price on most occasions and never push for a product.
YMMV.

Not familiar with the brand Concept.
QAcoustics' Concept series. They are one step above the 30x0i series, with some fancy tech like Gelcore cabinets. Considered to be very good quality but a little bass shy.

Considered to be very good quality but a little bass shy.
This is one English Speaker brand I could not make peace with. Heard them (Not this particular speaker) at the 2015 or 2016 What Hi Fi Show in Bangalore and it was a below average experience. Indeed bass shy and that is not to be expected from a speaker like this. Heck; our own Sonodyne had a better sounding speaker. Maybe they have improved since I last heard them.

This is one English Speaker brand I could not make peace with.
Haha!
They are quite popular though. I have a pair of 3020i rigged to NR1609 as my 2nd system for TV. Not for serious listening. Mainly Spotify and OTT stuff. Good for the money they are. I have not bothered about the SW as at the slightest turn of the volume knob, there is reaction... "volume kam karo" :)
But for the OPs intended purpose QA is a worthwhile consideration.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back