Fluance Bipolar speakers AVBP2

mani14

Hi Dear members,

I am planning to buy Fluance Bipolar speakers AVBP2 for my surround sound.

Let me know about its performance.

Thank you in advance.

rsz_11-avbp2-main.png

Bipolar speakers are good for a dedicated theatre room. Not so recommended in a living room with openings on either of the side walls. It's also mentioned that it should be mounted on side walls then rear walls. It will give a effect of fulfilling sound but not a effect similar to monopoles when you know know from where the sound is coming from.

This all I knew after reading lot of forums when I was thinking of buying Polk fxia4 bipolar speaker as rear surrounds. I ended up buying a monopole instead.

Hi Dear members,

I am planning to buy Fluance Bipolar speakers AVBP2 for my surround sound.

Let me know about its performance.

Thank you in advance.

View attachment 47905
Hello Mani,
There are great budget bipole speakers. I am using them from couple of months now (got them for $50) and I am satisfied with them.

But if you have budget then I will suggest you go for speakers with high sensitivity like Klipsch-RP 402. Cause they will give you more output even at low power.

Bipolar speakers are good for a dedicated theatre room. Not so recommended in a living room with openings on either of the side walls. It's also mentioned that it should be mounted on side walls then rear walls. It will give a effect of fulfilling sound but not a effect similar to monopoles when you know know from where the sound is coming from.

This all I knew after reading lot of forums when I was thinking of buying Polk fxia4 bipolar speaker as rear surrounds. I ended up buying a monopole instead.

Surround sound is the sound coming from the activities which we can't see on the screen and therefore it should be dispersed rather than focused. Bipolar speakers are meant do exactly that.

I do agree they sound better in dedicated theatre room but it is true for every speaker not just bipole.

Hello Mani,
There are great budget bipole speakers. I am using them from couple of months now (got them for $50) and I am satisfied with them.

But if you have budget then I will suggest you go for speakers with high sensitivity like Klipsch-RP 402. Cause they will give you more output even at low power.

Surround sound is the sound coming from the activities which we can't see on the screen and therefore it should be dispersed rather than focused. Bipolar speakers are meant do exactly that.

I do agree they sound better in dedicated theatre room but it is true for every speaker not just bipole.

Not sure I will like disperse sound for surround, in a object based sound I would like to know where the sound is coming from.

You may be correct. My experience is just from all the articles I read.
Let us know your experience after using them. If it's good and you like it then I might buy bipolar for my next upgrade

Not sure I will like disperse sound for surround, in a object based sound I would like to know where the sound is coming from.

You may be correct. My experience is just from all the articles I read.
Let us know your experience after using them. If it's good and you like it then I might buy bipolar for my next upgrade

No body is wrong here, it's an individual preference.

You can try using your monopoles placing them flat near the wall (drivers pointing the ceiling and around the ear levels off-course) to get some of that effect and see whether you like it or not.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back