Flycast on Blackberry 8320

anm

After struggling for a few hours (I think my Airtel connection was the problem as it may not be resolving addresses) I have the flycast setup. It is a tool to stream Internet radio to your blackberry (also to iphones).

I following the WMFT link given by Viren and there was a link for flycast on blackberry. I listened to a jazz station for some time. Will listen to more stations and give you guys my feedback. Unfortunately, the WFMT station is not returned in the results of flycast.

I am using WiFi at home to connect to station. Will also see how (if it does) work on EDGE on vodafone.

BTW - I listened to my philips 8900 headphone on blackberry and it has surprisingly enough power to drive the headphone. I listened to the sheffield drums and there was good well defined bass.

Will share more experience. This BB is new, given by the office :)

if it works well on EDGE then it's fantastic.....otherwise for me pretty useless, in office i can use my laptop to play internet radio, and at home i never listen to any form of radio....only CDs. And of ya wi fi drains the battery of my 'berry like there's no tomorrow!

After struggling for a few hours (I think my Airtel connection was the problem as it may not be resolving addresses) I have the flycast setup. It is a tool to stream Internet radio to your blackberry (also to iphones).

I following the WMFT link given by Viren and there was a link for flycast on blackberry. I listened to a jazz station for some time. Will listen to more stations and give you guys my feedback. Unfortunately, the WFMT station is not returned in the results of flycast.

I am using WiFi at home to connect to station. Will also see how (if it does) work on EDGE on vodafone.

BTW - I listened to my philips 8900 headphone on blackberry and it has surprisingly enough power to drive the headphone. I listened to the sheffield drums and there was good well defined bass.

Will share more experience. This BB is new, given by the office :)

can any one suggest a way to stream music from my xtreamer (or possibly etrayz) to BB?

psycho - it is fun to try all this cool stuff. though I can play everything from the laptop.

regards

true true, it's fun to try. Do try out the dictionary.com application. Pretty brilliant....a keeper for sure.

can any one suggest a way to stream music from my xtreamer (or possibly etrayz) to BB?

psycho - it is fun to try all this cool stuff. though I can play everything from the laptop.

regards

flycast is not able to connect over edge. Though in the list of radio stations, it does mention high quality (3G, WiFi.. ) and normal quality (EDGE).
Could this be a settings issue or Vodafone issue?

regards

Hi ANM,

You mentioned that this Blackberry was provided to you by your company, and if you are enabled for Blackberry Enterprise Server Activation, then there is a possibility that there are IT policies being pushed from the server to your device. Unless the administrator changes the preference on your account, you cannot override these policies.

This may not be the actual problem in your case, but this is just a thought.

Regards,
Prashant Divakaran.

Navigate to Options --> Security -> general settings.

If you scroll down and see something which says "IT Policy" and has a name next to it, your device probably has the company policy pushed. But, the details of what is allowed and what is not allowed cannot be viewed. you might need to contact the admin of your company to know that.

it says default.
Navigate to Options --> Security -> general settings.

If you scroll down and see something which says "IT Policy" and has a name next to it, your device probably has the company policy pushed. But, the details of what is allowed and what is not allowed cannot be viewed. you might need to contact the admin of your company to know that.

The name of the policy can be anything, and need not be specific. Your device is controlled via a policy on certain functionalities which are according to their requirements.

I remember this because one of my colleague who is using a BB from the customer has their policies and I am unable to use YouTube and other video streaming.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back