FM antenna

Rahul16075

Hi,
I am facing the problem of poor FM reception in my house and do not have the liberty to relocate the music system to some suitable place. My music system has the facility to connect an outdoor antenna. However I am not able to source any old fashioned Yagi antenna from the local shops.
Fellow members please help me out in this. Kindly suggest the alternative antenna which can improve the reception.
Thanks in advance.
Rahul.

Hi,
I am facing the problem of poor FM reception in my house and do not have the liberty to relocate the music system to some suitable place. My music system has the facility to connect an outdoor antenna. However I am not able to source any old fashioned Yagi antenna from the local shops.
Fellow members please help me out in this. Kindly suggest the alternative antenna which can improve the reception.
Thanks in advance.
Rahul.

Me too....suddenly yesterday for the past 2 days no FM...weak signals.....else all these days it was working fine

You don't have to source a yagi for the purpose, though if you have an outdoor yagi, it could be quite helpful. There are many other options. When I relocated my NAD 402 tuner (and this is one of the very best) to a new location in my music room, I faced some reception challenges. Solved this using a contraption made up on an old AM loop antenna salvaged from an old 2-in-one and a stand salvaged from an old computer monitor. Shall post a pic later in the day.

You don't have to source a yagi for the purpose, though if you have an outdoor yagi, it could be quite helpful. There are many other options. When I relocated my NAD 402 tuner (and this is one of the very best) to a new location in my music room, I faced some reception challenges. Solved this using a contraption made up on an old AM loop antenna salvaged from an old 2-in-one and a stand salvaged from an old computer monitor. Shall post a pic later in the day.

I must also mention that I don't recommend using amplifiers of any kind. They tend to overloard the receiver input.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back