Focal Electra in-wall speaker - Impressions

krishnamurthy

I also auditioned Focal Electra: IW 1003 BE in-wall speakers with 1002 BE in the surrounds. Room size is 15x11. AVR is Marantz PM7001 and Wolf Projector (unbelievable contrast, resolution, clarity - 7 lakhs) in a very good acoustically treated room.

I never thought in-wall speakers would sound very good but they did. I felt they did a better job at movie sequences than audio clips. We ended up playing Gravity and the voice was clear, wide sound-stage. Hotel California clip was quite good but not quite good enough like a custom speaker demo i had couple of weeks back. We could clearly hear the voices coming out of different speakers and could pinpoint which one very well.

The in-wall speakers had beryllium tweeter, 6.5 inch passive radiator, 6.5 inch woofer and 3 inch mid-range driver. These speakers are very expensive (4L a pair). Again, not value for money either. The dealer provided an option of selling their demo speakers at 40% discount.

Moderator's note: Please name the thread appropriately. The content wouldn't justify naming the title as a review; the OP is only posting his impressions. Hence renamed accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back