Focal Sib and Hub 3 or Polk Audio Tl 1600

Harshit Doshi

Hi can Anyone help me choosing between Focal Sib and Hub 3 and Polk Audio TL 1600. Also for AV Receiver YAMAHA RX 485 or DENON AVR X550BT. It will help thanks..

Firstly...Welcome to HFV

Trust your ears, read a lot of reviews and post to decide what works for you....what sounds great to me may not sound good to you as individual preferences differ...also placement, room size, acoustics etc play their part in making the experience best or worse! unfortunately this is the harsh truth which most dealers will not tell you as they want to push and sell a non moving product...so dont rush research and purchase the best!

Read posts under "What Should I Buy" and "Home Theatre" which will give better insights to the kind of systems that are available and being used.

Since you are based in Mumbai...

• Visit ProFx and hear the Polks speakers...they also have Denon and Yamaha AVRs
  • Street news is that Focal may not be having proper after sales service, please check.....
  • Visit Cinebels (Bandra), Den (Worli), Total Home Theatres (Nariman Point,) FairDeal (Crawford Market / Vile Parle) and MZ Audio ( Bandra West) for a variety of systems......carry your favourite CD or movie and do the audition...
All the best....

Last edited:
I had auditioned TL1600 with denon x1500, was not impressed. Subwoofer is weak. I have not listened to the Focal system mentioned.
But from my experience I would advice against satellites. Bookshelves, center, surround, sub separates are better. You may start with a pair of bookshelves and subwoofer and add the rest later if budget is a problem.
When you go for demo, compare satellites with bookshelves.
What is your budget by the way for receiver and speakers?

Thanks for your advice, budget is total 70to 80k. In Mumbai room carpet space is big problem and also kids so I am looking for wall mounted. TL1600 has 50watts sub where focal has 150watts with BASH technology.

There would be various systems bookshelf type which can be wall mounted.....

https://www.hifimart.com/speakers/s...se-5-1-surround-sound-5-1-speaker-system.html

https://www.hifimart.com/speakers/speaker-systems/morel-primo-5-1-home-theatre-package.html

https://www.hifimart.com/package-de...non-av-receiver-5-1-home-theatre-package.html

These are like Bose Jewel cubes in size but perform much much better

https://www.ooberpad.com/products/telome-pro-15ax-home-theatre-system

AVRs...

https://www.hifimart.com/electronics/av-receiver/marantz-nr1508-av-receiver.html

The Marantz blends well with all brands of speakers and can even drive bookshelfs and tower speakers.,,,,,proven confirmed fact from various member users including myself!

Hi

I have narrow down my search and going to audition following speakers with denon AVR X550BT
POLK TL 1600 Cost Approx 36k
Canton Movie 135 32k
Elec Cinema 5
Sonodyne (Indian Brand)
Focal Sib and hub 3 cost 50k

Any comments .. most welcome

Hello there,
I believe it's Sib and Cub 3 that you're talking about (please correct me if I'm wrong). I have auditioned this particular model and was blown away by its performance. Listened to variety of songs and also watched few action scenes of one of the James Bond movie. The sub packs quite a punch. It's tight and powerful.
Do give it a shot.

Cheers

Hello there,
I believe it's Sib and Cub 3 that you're talking about (please correct me if I'm wrong). I have auditioned this particular model and was blown away by its performance. Listened to variety of songs and also watched few action scenes of one of the James Bond movie. The sub packs quite a punch. It's tight and powerful.
Do give it a shot.

Cheers
Yes it is sib n cub 3, thanks for your reply. I have almost decided focal

no space so wall mount

For a 50K budget, if you take DIY route, you can custom build the enclosure dimensions to your liking and hang then on front wall comfortably.. Build passive subs and power it thru external amplifier as it would allow you more control to place the subs in the room.. No hassle of power supply & LFE inputs from AVR.. Most importantly it won't be protruding from the wall..

Hello Friends

I have finally decided to buy denon 550bt + Focal Sib Evo 5.1. This FYI. (77K)

I again thanks all of you to help me deciding. For Mumbai, one must visit fairdeal (Crawford Market) for audition and for price also.

Hi

I am familiar with FairDeal....a good friend used to work their (Imraan)....he has moved out recently...else I am their 18 years old customer! ; )

Their prices are very competitive...most of my stuff was from them.....

I have listened the Sib at Focals booth at Munich Hi end last year. I am not sure if my expectations was set up too high by all other real hi end speakers I listened until that booth. But, it sounded like a HTIB to me. One of the most unimpressive, non-audiophilic setups I saw there, even at their own room. At a home, I really dont expect it to shine better. That being said, I cannot comment on the Polk as I never heard on that. But, Sib to me is never desirable.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back