Focal utopia Diablo's

eastofthesun

Hey Guys I am leaning towards investing in a pair of Focal Diablo's. The store in Mumbai doesn't have it on demo . Is there anyone in Mumbai with a pair who would be kind enough to let me come over and listen to them . Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers !
Anand

Many FMs in mumbai have these. Hopefully someone will come forward to comment here.

Btw, what was price quoted on Diablos?

Fairdeal Electronics have a premium outlet at Raghuvanshi Mills called "Meilleur".
When I visited last year they had a few of the Utopias as well as the Diablos. Demo gear was all Accuphase.

11,Raghuvanshi Mills Compound,
Lower Parel,
Mumbai-400013

Contact Aamir 022-24924848

i thought there were only 3 diablos in mumbai

one was on demo , 1 is with dinyaar and 1 i forget his name ( dinyaar knows him- though im not sure he would be approachable for a demo )

dinyaar is probably your best bet
if you can find the dealer who has it on demo

Anand,

I have to be very careful here but I thought it would be well worth mentioning given the cost of the speakers. The Diablos I had demo'ed at Meilleur were a black and silver/grey pair with stands. As I had mentioned earlier the amps were Accuphase but the CDP was something less stellar - good but not in the same league. Cables were also very good.

However, the performance of the speakers was underwhelming. The sound was unimpressive (given the reputation of the speakers) that I asked for the setup to be checked. Finally I asked to change the speakers because there was nothing that I could hear on there that was worth the money.

The only conclusion I could come to from that demo was that there wasn't a proper synergy with the setup. I would suggest that if you are going to try for a demo there - do ask Aamir if you can take your own amps if you can. The Diablos have such an impressive reputation so I can only suggest that you try and have another listen at another location as well.

Regards.

wow... these do come with some reputation !!

Obviously the performance would depend on their dance partner as well.

Am curious to know what electronics will you partner them with ? I would suppose these would be of a high standard too since the Diablos are supposed to be quite exceptional.

regards

Arent there any dealer of Egglestonworks speakers in India ? They do everything that a Focal Utopia does but sound a lot more open and uncompressed.

i would not go to amir
for the focal demo at all

do directly to kamal
or go to grattan

the latter would be the best

hes got a great room
and hes a "star" setup guy

whats more hes also got my favourite speakers
the contours and the revels

do directly to kamal
or go to grattan

the latter would be the best

hes got a great room
and hes a "star" setup guy

Ali,

Where is Grattan's setup? Just curious because I would have liked to listen to another setup if I had the chance.

Regards.

Edit: Never mind. Got the info over google. However still might be useful for the OP if he is interested.

Last edited:
the raghvanshi room
playing the diablos

is not playing them well
this is MY personal opinion

so if the OP would ask "me"
I PERSONALLY would not suggest it

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back