Focal XS 2.1 or AudioEngine A5

Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport

Naty

I am going to purchase speakers for IPOD and computer.

I have shortlisted AudioEngine A5 and Focal XS 2.1.

I would like to know which one is better.

audiodelic

How much does the focal system cost in India ?

I think for its price you can for an audioengine A5 presently and add a capable 8 or 10 inch subwoofer down the line.The focal subwoofer has a 6.5 inch driver i would tend to believe one atleast needs a 8 inch driver. The 6.5 inch on the focal might be more to add some bass to their satellites and not a real subwoofer.

I would say go for the audioengines and later down the line add a subwoofer to them and have a full fledged capable system rather than going for satellite & 6.5 inch woofer combination.

Naty

Thanks for your reply.

The Focal XS 2.1 costs 42K, Pro FX will also give me 13% discount on this.

Which subwoofer will be perfect for AudioEngine A5, is AudioEngine S8 best for it.

Naty

audiodelic

Thanks for your reply.

The Focal XS 2.1 costs 42K, Pro FX will also give me 13% discount on this.

Which subwoofer will be perfect for AudioEngine A5, is AudioEngine S8 best for it.

Naty

I am currently using the audioengine S8 with my audioengines A5 and i listen to mostly psytrance which has a constant bassline. I am quite happy with it. But you can mate them with any subwoofer generally.

Although the focal looks really nice since its meant to complement a mac, i dont think its worth the price even the review said it did not sound all that great.