For the love of The Guitar - Your fav opening & whole song please ...

This has been an amazing experience! I have got great things from the internet but this last few days what I got has been one of the best things that I have experienced.
Such wonderful sharing....blessings for you all.

The only time before I heard so many good tunes at the same time was when I heard the Rolling Stones 100 Greatest Guitar Solos.

@arj - Many many thanks for 'Temple of the King'; I had heard this tune in some movie maybe but in an age before the internet. I never thought I would find it.

@peace_sells - Return to Serenity has this great guitar play in the middle around 4:00. And the Mother Goose song is very folky. Its great. Very unique song. That Comus video has a great collection of classical paintings! (better than many stupid music videos !!)

@Hiten - great song! its one thing to play a good guitar but to have a good rhythm is something not all can do. This song has these and something more - hummability & the ability to lift your mood. Theres something about old bands isnt it ? !!!! Or is it the guitar ??? Do share more of this kind.

PS: got delayed as Aircel 3G internet was operating at 30kbps !!!

@ryanrulez4ever - zazarulez4ever !!!! this song must have been pretty famous when released. Huge scale. Man! some addictive thing they have created in this modern device of electric guitar !!

Rough Boy - cryptic video. Or maybe this is normal. Stopped watching MTV & TV years back. But I like the pacing of the song.
Parisienne walkways - reminds me of europa by santana. Smooth guitar play. Song to play while sipping red wine !

When the children cry - well I have this thing for children. And you have given me a song that 'will certainly last forever' ! as he says! The great thing is that if they seriously sang it from their heart; then they are so young to have sung such a song ! Thanks from my heart.

Heaven - makes me remember one of my fav band - def leppard. Like this style of 80's rock ! Why are they trying to be so crazy? Song needs a different video !! Almost as if its a mistake by the editor - slapped the wrong video on this song !!

Walk Dont Run - I will be surprised if they haven't already copied this song in some bollywood movie !! Maybe as a background score to some idiot scene where the hero makes a fool of himself in front of the heroine's friends!

@asliarun - oh definitely that song. Bought it with The Matrix OST as my last cassette! Need to buy the CD again!

@Hiten - great song! its one thing to play a good guitar but to have a good rhythm is something not all can do. This song has these and something more - hummability & the ability to lift your mood. Theres something about old bands isnt it ? !!!! Or is it the guitar ??? Do share more of this kind.
I am musically ignorant person. I listen what feels good to my ears. ZZ Top was my favourite band when I was cough cough younger. :D.

Hope you will like this (I love swinging jazz) and this (Mostly guitar and vocal)
Regards

@Reuben - Sir, Jimi to full stop hain. Uska naam loge to kuch bolne ke liye rahega hi nahi. He should not be included in these discussions as he will dwarf all and the discussion will be over !!!! I say this really honestly - I can't remember a song of his whose guitar play hasn't made my jaw drop. I'm always like - "Bas yahi sunna baaki reh gaya tha".
But then theres one thing - his guitar play doesn't really touch my heart. Its like a great show but emotions aren't touched by them.
I remember seeing when i was very young "some record with a black guy's picture who had a funny hairstyle". He looked 90% like our cook - my best friend! But I was like 4 yrs old then.

Johnny B Good - yes thats a nice song. I also like their song - Maybellene.

Nice movie you have created - will surely be on my PC by night! Didn't know it had an official name - Hair Metal ! :clapping: Great background scores for any movie ! [If only my hair weren't so thin :sad:]

@Neeraj0272 - Satriani - takes me to some alien planet every time i listen to his "Surfing with the Alien". What musical mind conceived of this otherworld tune !! This must be No 2 on my list of instrumental-only guitar songs. 1st has to be Eruption by Van Halen.

Temple of the king's one of my all time faves...

There are so many great guitar songs that it's hard to list them down. A few with great from the top of my head...
WYWH - Floyd
Out of the ashes - Symphony X
Rubina's Blue Sky Happiness - Satch
Loner - Gary Moore
Cliffhanger2 - Shadow Gallery (the intro is nice but the solo and outro is out of this world)

BTW...check these guitar vids...amazing stuff from lesser known whizkids...
Ludwig van Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata - 3rd Movement for electric guitar - YouTube
Dream Theater - The Best of Times - Guitar Solo - by Dr.Viossy - YouTube
...and this...same solo by a 15 year old...
Dream Theater - The Best of Times - Tina S Cover - YouTube
...and this...Gary Moore's Loner covered by the same girl
Gary Moore - The Loner Cover - YouTube

Last edited:
Temple of the king's one of my all time faves...

There are so many great guitar songs that it's hard to list them down. A few with great from the top of my head...
WYWH - Floyd
Out of the ashes - Symphony X
Rubina's Blue Sky Happiness - Satch
Loner - Gary Moore
Cliffhanger2 - Shadow Gallery (the intro is nice but the solo and outro is out of this world)

BTW...check these guitar vids...amazing stuff from lesser known whizkids...
Ludwig van Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata - 3rd Movement for electric guitar - YouTube
Dream Theater - The Best of Times - Guitar Solo - by Dr.Viossy - YouTube
...and this...same solo by a 15 year old...
Dream Theater - The Best of Times - Tina S Cover - YouTube
...and this...Gary Moore's Loner covered by the same girl
Gary Moore - The Loner Cover - YouTube

Some great picks there. That Best of Times solo is something else..It was written for a very special occasion..Shame they're never going to play it live. Petrucci really knows how to play with mind-blowing technique and raw emotion. Probably my favourite guitarist.

Btw Out of the Ashes has such a Tom & Jerry-ish intro :eek:hyeah:. Symphony X's best album imo (Divine Wings of Tragedy)

Btw Out of the Ashes has such a Tom & Jerry-ish intro :eek:hyeah:. Symphony X's best album imo (Divine Wings of Tragedy)

Funny you should say that...I often visualize T&J while listening to the song...the one in which the cats are partying at Tom's house and Jerry is trying to sleep :D

Boondein - Silk Route - almost forgot that song.
Thanks for reminding.

I personally don't know what to think when a very talented band doesn't succeed and is absorbed into the great sea of Bollywood.
My heart wants to be sad.
But the optimist in me says that there is something good in it that I don't understand.

What do people here think?
Maybe this is a thread in itself...

Nice thread!

Been a guitar fan all my life. Got hooked on to guitar when I first heard the starting solo on Dire Straits 'money for nothing'. The drums at the beginning of that song is also great

Best,
APK.

Ah, Just awesome Drums and the Opening Bass guitar, One among my top 10 :):eek:hyeah:

+ House of Raising Sun- Animals (I was using the opening as my Mobile Ring tone for sometime)

Last edited:
that reminds me of a song from Thakshak- Khamosh Raat. Sehmi Hawa
Has a great starting...and a fantastic song

Whoa..loaded question. The sample basically contains every good song ever in Rock music. Anyway, I'll still take a shot..

Immigrant Song - Led Zep
Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love - Van Halen
Master of Puppets - Metallica
Tornado of Souls - Megadeth
Crossroads - Cream
Layla - Eric Clapton (Derek and the Dominos version)
Where the Streets Have No Name - U2
London Calling - The Clash
Crazy Train - Ozzy
Holy Diver - Dio
December Flower (the solo) - In Flames
Freeway Jam - Jeff Beck
Money - Pink Floyd
Song of The Water Dragon - Estas Tonne
La Grange - ZZ Top
YYZ - Rush
Beat It - MJ (yes, killer guitar work here)
For the Love of God - Steve Vai
Whispering a Prayer - Steve Vai
Always with Me Always With You - Satriani
Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson
Cemetery Gates - Pantera

..duh..I should stop, or I could be writing this all night. This is such an unfair question :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back