Front Height Atmos Speaker

abhisheak

Hi, I am planning to add pair of atmos speaker to my current 5.1 setup.
In-ceiling atmos is not option due to lack of false celining and wiring and so I side wall mounting (due to open wiring).
So what I am planning to do is add front height speaker (similar to attached sample picture) .

1. Can anyone advice if they are worth having for good atmos experience or will it be snake oil just like reflective atmos speakers?

2. Where to place them on the front wall?

3. If Timber matching is must with front 3.0 setup? (currently I have Emotiva B1 and C1 as front setup)

I plan to have this kind of front wall (shown in 2nd and 3rd attachment) and mount them on the wood work and do cabling between the wooden grooves.

Attachments

• dali-alteco-height-speaker-in-5_1_2.jpg
    dali-alteco-height-speaker-in-5_1_2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 22
  • images (9) (12).jpeg
    images (9) (12).jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 24
  • images (9) (11).jpeg
    images (9) (11).jpeg
    14.2 KB · Views: 23
Hi, I am planning to add pair of atmos speaker to my current 5.1 setup.
In-ceiling atmos is not option due to lack of false celining and wiring and so I side wall mounting (due to open wiring).
So what I am planning to do is add front height speaker (similar to attached sample picture) .

1. Can anyone advice if they are worth having for good atmos experience or will it be snake oil just like reflective atmos speakers?

2. Where to place them on the front wall?

3. If Timber matching is must with front 3.0 setup? (currently I have Emotiva B1 and C1 as front setup)

I plan to have this kind of front wall (shown in 2nd and 3rd attachment) and mount them on the wood work and do cabling between the wooden grooves.
Adding a pair of Atoms is a great idea, it definitely helps in more immersive effects.

1. Front height may not have a lot of engagement and from my experience I have heard them playing the exactly same selective content which fronts are playing. Top Middle gets best engagement
2. If Front heights is the only option, you may like to go with something like SVS Prime pinnacles which are angled already OR for more pointed sound you may mount a pair of smaller bookshelves. Should be placed in a way to have direct pointing to main listening position. With good atmos effect titles, these will play a lot of pointed sound effects.
3. No, it doesn't matter much. Though its good to go with a decent spec of these speakers.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back