Front left and right speakers to go with BA A225 centre channel

shr1975

I have an MEPL 5.1 channel speaker system which I have been using for the past around 12 years. I use these speakers with a Yamaha HTR-3067 AV receiver.

I recently replaced the centre channel speaker with the Boston Acoustics A225 C.
Now I'm looking to replace the front left and right speakers.

I've the following in mind:
Polk Audio T50
Boston Acoustics A 250
Pioneer SP-FS52
Wharfedale Diamond 225 (bookshelf)

Which of the above would be an ideal match for the Boston Acoustics A225 and Yamaha HTR-3067?
Any other suggestion other than the ones listed above?
My budget is around 30K Rs and I'll be using this in my 18x10 sq ft. living room.

Thanks

Hello,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining.

In answer to your question you should typically try to match the drivers that are in your center speaker. The idea is that as the sound pans from left to right the integration of the drivers is seamless. At least that is the theory. To that extent the Boston Accoustics A250 should match the A225C.

Good luck with your search!

Boston fronts to timbre match. But if you want musical go for wharfedale or Dali zensor series.

Thanks for the quick response everybody.

So, the gist is that we should try to match the drivers across the speaker system.
In case I want to go for some different brand for the front left and right speakers, what should I bear in mind in order to ensure that the drivers match with those of the centre channel?

Also, the Boston Acoustics A 250s (as also the A 360s) are 8 ohm speakers whereas the Yamaha HTR-3067 is a 6 ohm receiver.
In that respect, the Polk Audio T 50s and the Pioneer SP-FS52s match the receiver.

Won't the output of the Boston Acoustics be hampered as the receiver is of lower impedance?
If yes, will it matter in a room of 10' x 18' area?

Sorry, I have a lot of questions. I am thoroughly confused :(

Last edited:
A 6 ohms receiver can drive 8 ohms speaker without any issue.
I think your best bet will be BA A 360 for timbre match. Also they are 3 way speaker.

I recently replaced the centre channel speaker with the Boston Acoustics A225 C.
Now I'm looking to replace the front left and right speakers.

Any other suggestion other than the ones listed above?

If you have Boston center, then good to consider BA26 (BS) as other members have already suggested..

So, the gist is that we should try to match the drivers across the speaker system.

Ideally it would be better to choose from same brand / same series across your room, atleast L-C-R..

If you are using a SUB then go with BA A26.
For 30K you can get BA A26 - 16K pair for front and BA A25 - 13K pair for back surrounds.
BTW these speakers are back ported so you need to give some space from the wall.

If you are not playing music go for bookshelves since the low frequencies will be directed to the sub.
For music in direct mode, your sub will not be playing so get floorstanders.
Though, for the room size, small floorstanders (A250) might work better. The 360 might get too bassy.

I am using Boston A360 and A225C paired with marantz, best sounding setup for that price..
What's your room size?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back