FS speakers for Marantz PM7004

I have PM 6003 with MS Aviano-2 BS Speakers
I've had an opportunity to listen to these yesterday. I was truly amazed at the bass quality that this diminutive looking speaker produced. It sounded a tad bright and forward sounding to me but amazing VFM combo IMO.

I've had an opportunity to listen to these yesterday. I was truly amazed at the bass quality that this diminutive looking speaker produced. It sounded a tad bright and forward sounding to me but amazing VFM combo IMO.

@captrajesh
+1

I was looking for floorstanders and I'm convinced with bass performance of M-S Mezzo 2. Aviano 2 and Mezzo 2 has same woofer. I paired it with Nad amp and I don't find them bright and forward. I find using CA DacMagic more detailed then my warm sounding Yamaha CD-P.

May be a warm sounding CD-P/DAC as a source should tame the brightness of Marantz + MS Aviano combo.

May be a warm sounding CD-P/DAC as a source should tame the brightness of Marantz + MS Aviano combo.

How a setup should sound is purely personal. Some people like warm sound which as I understand would have sugary mids and rounded off highs and laid back sound while some like crystal clear highs with lots of teeny weeny details; bright and forward (on your face) sound. Some others (like me) want a balanced sound; neutral and transparent. Hope my description matches with that of yours.:)

Last edited:
How a setup should sound is purely personal. Some people like warm sound which as I understand would have sugary mids and rounded off highs and laid back sound while some like crystal clear highs with lots of teeny weeny details; bright and forward (on your face) sound. Some others (like me) want a balanced sound; neutral and transparent. Hope my description matches with that of yours.:)

Hi Rajesh!

So did you finally end up buying anything?!

I too have a PM 7004, I purchased them from Singapore too, and I am too loking for FS ! (too may too's!)

Was about to buy FS Aviano 6 but I happened to listen to Jamo c605 and c607 in Cinebels (just accross the FX shop in Gurgaon Metropolitan) and was damm impressed by them in terms of clear mids and highs and compact bass. c605 is 2.5 (37k after disc) and c607 is 3.0 (51k after discount). With PM7004 having midrange control c607 is a must to be auditioned before you finalize!!

Guys any thoughts on Jamo c607 with Marantz pm 7004 with Cd 6003 combo??

Sha

Mordaunt Short Aviano 6 approx Rs.40000 would be a great option.

Hi Peri,

Marantz 7004 with MS Aviano-6 will be a killer combo. Look no further. My setup of PM6003 with MS Aviano-2 is very good, bass is really good for a BS speaker.
Contact Cressida AV Zone , Chennai, they have a website.

Hope this helps.

N.Murali

Back