FULL HD 1080p projectors shootout!

anm,
scrimped a lot in the past 8 months to make this possibe. Have been living off 1/6th of my salary with the rest safely going into my "home theatre fund" ;) ...

Very very wise move. You will do well financially in the future with this attitude. I tell a lot of people to do the exact same thing and most people just don't. They buy on the spur of the moment for kicks and end up getting into a lot of debt.

Very very wise move. You will do well financially in the future with this attitude. I tell a lot of people to do the exact same thing and most people just don't. They buy on the spur of the moment for kicks and end up getting into a lot of debt.

besides the time i took to save was well spent demoing many products and zeroing in on the ones that i liked :) :cool: :p this way it is more of a spiritual journey. and in some ways i think the harder you work for something, the more sweeter it seems or rather sounds in this case :)

hey brothers

right now i have sony vpl aw 15 720p projector which is two years old and at 1600 hrs lamp but i never see it dim or dull i know its just dim i mean just but i can't live without watching movies and playing games on xbox 360

and i'm definitely gonna upgrade it with epson emp tw 2000 which has great picture and also got great reveiws

hi friends
i had joined this forum only today.that is why this belated post.please bear with me
i was just wondering why nobody in the forum is not saying any thing about DLP projectors.my layman's idea is that it is better technology eventhough bit more expensive
i request for comments by knowledgable people
regards

thanks very much.it was really helpful.and now i got a grip on the subject.since the size of the projector is not an issue and the arrangement of ambient light is not an issue i feel LCD is okay.what do you think.pls let me know

I decided on the Sanyo PLV-Z3000 for the following reasons:
1) Dust Filter
2) Motorized Lens Cover
3) Warranty
4) Dedicated HT with low/no ambient light, so brightness was not a huge factor between the panny and sanyo

I was leaning towards the Panny, but given our dust conditions, the top 3 were huge factors.

Regards!

hI Navin
since you are from Vellore(it is an educated guess:))one chinese projector LALANTIKA been advertised from a supplier from Vellore.any idea about the product?the price quote is extremely cheap and since it is been from China ,i think we cannot ruleout without making a hard look
regards

Hi,

Anyone tried Epson projectors?
I am hoping to buy one soon (maybe Epson 6500 UB home cinema) But my problem is i can seem to find where to buy it!!
Anyone got suggestions?

-N

has anyone demoed the new optoma HD 20 ( a full HD PJ priced @ 1000usd )

Last edited:
The Optoma model discussed here has a problem of Fan noise which is very much audible and quite irritating in a dedicated cinema room, come to think of it in a quite scene from a movie played through it.
Good news is that the Panasonic Pt Ae3000 is avaliable for 125K in delhi.

The Optoma model discussed here has a problem of Fan noise which is very much audible and quite irritating in a dedicated cinema room, come to think of it in a quite scene from a movie played through it.
Good news is that the Panasonic Pt Ae3000 is avaliable for 125K in delhi.[/Q

hi ashish , is this the price for a new /used ,coz the us price for the pt ae 3000 is 3500$

Hi Subhash, mine should be here in a week's time. Please drop in for a dekho:)

@shubhas : HD20 for $1000 USD seems to be an awesome deal,

@ Santhol : where are you procuring that from, do give us your feedback and review once you setup the same and congratulations on your purchase

@shubhas : HD20 for $1000 USD seems to be an awesome deal,
It is costing me around Rs.60,600 to reach Mumbai from USA. I may have to pay another 1k to get it to Bangalore.

@ Santhol : where are you procuring that from, do give us your feedback and review once you setup the same and congratulations on your purchase
Thanks Dushie, I am procuring it through KMD of TE(another forum you are a member of:)).

Definitely, will update on the forum on how the Projector performs. I will need help from experienced members to review it as I have never owned a projector before.

anybody purchased HD20 from india(tecktronixsindia)?
i came to know that the mrp/pricing issues have been finalized(as tecktronixs is providing a free lamp in the MRP, which is company policy for the next 2 months of sales)

anybody purchased HD20 from india(tecktronixsindia)?
i came to know that the mrp/pricing issues have been finalized(as tecktronixs is providing a free lamp in the MRP, which is company policy for the next 2 months of sales)

what is the price they are selling it at?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back