Furutech Power Guard 15 power cable

panditji

Anyone tried this or heard it making any changes? How is it different form the TCS31 power cables with fancy gold connectors?

This one apparently has a built in noise filter whatever that means.. I trust Furutech like most of the Japanese brands and hence wanted to find out if anyone anywhere has heard this cable over the regular fancy power cables..

I have not used this cable but it seems 14awg whereas tcs31 is 12awg. It should be more comparable with tcs21 to be used with dacs and sources. You can also use fps022 to use with dacs and sources, its excellent.

I have not used this cable but it seems 14awg whereas tcs31 is 12awg. It should be more comparable with tcs21 to be used with dacs and sources. You can also use fps022 to use with dacs and sources, its excellent.
My amplifier has a max power intake of 80 Watts... I don't need a heavy gauge as the current drawn is not much... The power supply in the area I live in is horrible and that is the only thing I need to take care of provided such cables make any difference in the first place..

Its not about amount of current draw only. In case of furutech, if you use a heavy gauge cable it will definitely improve bass as compared to using thin gauge even if amp is low powered. If you want to get good bass use a tick guage cable. Ymmv.

For power clean up dont rely on power cables, get good power regenerator. Power cable is only for effectively transmitting power to equipment. Again ymmv

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back