FYI : A Home media storage product

Saw a media server in D-Link but it was way over budget. Still feel a PC is the best way to go all things considered like codecs, firmware updates, storage space, etc.

Saw a media server in D-Link but it was way over budget. Still feel a PC is the best way to go all things considered like codecs, firmware updates, storage space, etc.

The best possible solution, atleast in my eyes, would be to use a PC for all the playback and consolidate all the music and other media files to a plain NAS box and make it available to every PC/Device on the network. Ofcourse, if any of the NMT's had a better GUI or an easily customizable option, I would replace the PC with one...

WD HDp is best for-
1.Price
2.size
3.codec support

As nice as it is, I'm tempted more by others like Elektron EHP-606 which has a better feature set. However, at this point in my search for the 'perfect' playback device for me, the NMT's are running second to a HTPC, largely due to interface issues...

No:

mkv
srt
flac
wavpack
apple lossless
mp3 (!!!)
mov
qt
mpeg-2
m4v

The codec support is pathetically small, and this is pretty much useless except as a NAS/server, the way I see it.

Yeah good point .. guess I wasn't even thinking when I jumped on this :(

Regards

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back