Game(s) you are currently addicted to.....

Cheers vramak, I'll try and pick this up today - Looks like it's bit expensive so I might as well trade-in some old games. Reason I compared GTA4 is I like GTA series very much and also liked Uncharted 2. Don't like all those sci-fi shooters so this should be a welcome break.

Okay Okay - I was joking. Is that Egg box the new slim version which was recently released in E3. If not please get that Sam, it's the same price of the old elite and has much more added functionality including couple of USB ports and Kinect port (The motion controller thing) and internal disk space of up to 250 I think. But the power brick is still external and it's comes in shiny black :licklips:

No I am just getting the regular(pro) one from one of our forum members..... the new slim is bit expensive ...... I will probably use this one for a year or two (ofcourse along with my kickarse PC :D) and then go for the new one which till that time would be less enough to afford .....

Last edited:
RDR is freaking amazing. I bought that game on day 1 and finished it within 2 days. :D I'm trying to play multiplayer but for some reason the lobbies I get into are always empty. R* games are worth buying a console for coz they usually mess up the PC ports.

BTW, once you get the game, finish the main story first and then try the side missions. That way, you'll get to appreciate the awesomeness of the main story.

Thanks I wanted one first hand experience to be dead sure about the game. I have watched the gameplay and read the review.......fell in love with game....... was crying out loud "WHY NOT PC!!!!!" .... lol :D Anyhow I was planning to get xbox 360 for months now .......... for xclusive games like these and Gears of War 2, which also BTW I am getting along with HALO 3.

My favorite games I am addicted to are "Poke The Needle" and "Smoke the Weed" :licklips:

It is totally cross-platform and not tied to any specific console like Xbox or Playstation :)

Cheers

Yea its specifically for customized home made consoles ..... :) I tried playing these when I was in college but my console was hacked.....

Hehe! I guess the game was released on a Friday and I played 7 hours a day and completed it in 2 days. :)
Comparing GTA 4 and RDR I would say, they only appear similar because they share the same control scheme, HUD and sandbox style gameplay.

vramak, can share how much did you shell for RDR if you got the game here in India???

vramak, can share how much did you shell for RDR if you got the game here in India???

It costs around Rs.2450 here. That's the price for almost all new games. You can get it from ebay. Or if you have lots of credit card points, you can convert them to Landmark vouchers(Rs.500 voucher for 1070 points) and buy the game from Landmark if you don't wanna spend money for the game.

^^ Damm thats expensive ..... No wonder people go for the Hacking route ....

Ok after finishing Blur.... Went on to another survival thriller game called Metro 2033 and boy boy boy, what a game it turned out to be, now mind you, this is not the typical Bang bang RUN Bang Bang type of a game, this is a dark, gloomy, slow, creepy kind of post Apocalypse survival thriller game. It grows to you as you proceed........Darkness and light shading is the main ingredient of this game, and playing it at night with lights off will definitely pay off. Very intriguing environment and pretty heavy on GPU (min HD5850 if playing @ Full HD with all details high) ...... Thoroughly enjoying it ...... next on list is a Game called Borderland and ofcourse Mass effect 2

Ended Metro 2033 seriously was a difficult game (ofcourse at highest difficult) ... started playing Gears Of War 2 on Xbox 360 (my FIRST game on any console) and I must say ...... shooting games (specially FPS SUCKS ... lol) ..... Anyway TPS still is playable albeit with HUGE practice and that too on medium or easy difficulty (atleast for me) ..... racing games and TPS games like Assassins creed, DMC etc works best on a console .......
Let me tell you this is the FIRST time in my 15 years of gaming carrier that I HAD to play a game on easy setting to proceed ....... as it was almost impossible to navigate the aim quickly with precision on hardest settings. I was feeling like being pawned .... where as on a keyboard and mouse I can kick ass of any game on any difficulty ...... Anyway I know its the practice that is needed, I hope playing Red Dead Redemption would be a worthwhile experience as that probably would be my next console game. AFA PC is concerned I think I will start with Mass Effect 2............

Yeah, God Of War 3 is absolute EPIC!
I have finished about 25% of the game, the fight with Chronos was being watched by my wife and friends, and everybody's jaws dropped :)

the ps3 version rox
BTW, God Of War 3 is a playstation exclusive. So is all the other games in this series.

Yeah FPS games are kind of "Clumsy" in consoles. But if your play exclusives for consoles, the FPS generally tends to have some ways to "alleviate" the limitations (like auto aim and stuff).
But yes, platformers, TPS and Racing games are were consoles shine, coz, the controllers make a huge difference.

Having said that, games like Killzone2 and Call of Duty, all are quite well made for the console.

Ended Metro 2033 seriously was a difficult game (ofcourse at highest difficult) ... started playing Gears Of War 2 on Xbox 360 (my FIRST game on any console) and I must say ...... shooting games (specially FPS SUCKS ... lol) ..... Anyway TPS still is playable albeit with HUGE practice and that too on medium or easy difficulty (atleast for me) ..... racing games and TPS games like Assassins creed, DMC etc works best on a console .......
Let me tell you this is the FIRST time in my 15 years of gaming carrier that I HAD to play a game on easy setting to proceed ....... as it was almost impossible to navigate the aim quickly with precision on hardest settings. I was feeling like being pawned .... where as on a keyboard and mouse I can kick ass of any game on any difficulty ...... Anyway I know its the practice that is needed, I hope playing Red Dead Redemption would be a worthwhile experience as that probably would be my next console game. AFA PC is concerned I think I will start with Mass Effect 2............

Finally completed Gears Of Wars 2 my first game on console xbox360 ...... I would say the experience was satisfactory, reason as I mentioned in my above post, aiming sucks and for that reason only........... I had to first time in my gaming life play the game on Easy mode, but that made the game pretty easy............... and frankly ( not boasting ) I am not used to play games on even moderate setting, its almost always hardest or at the most one less then the hardest,......So I did not enjoy the challenge as such. Increasing the difficulty needed a huge practice to aim. Anyway its completed and I have moved to my good old PC for my next game MASS EFFECT 2 and boy boy boy what a shear improvement over first installment atleast for me. The story is intriguing, graphics are good but most of all we have far more and better action than the first installment. I am hooked in to the game withing minutes, completed two levels and looking forward to it. Playing at Hardcore setting and I am enjoying every bit of it......PC ROCKS AND RULES PERIOD!! ..... HD5850 ROCKS as WELL. :D

I am absolutely hooked onto uncharted 2. This is the third time i'm playing it, just to get a feel of thins on the new V20. It looks unbelievably good on the TV. It is difficult to pin-point what draws me so much to the game, but I like the story, gameplay, dialogues and the visual details are reference quality good (Checkout the tibetan village near the middle of the game).

When I am not playing UC2, I am playing KillZone 2. Sometimes GranTourismo to relieve the pressure.

- Santanu

Currently playing Angry Birds on my phone. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to pass time during those boring meetings :-D. There is so much of variation and depth in the game. Well worth 59p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody playing new cricket game International Cricket 2010 released by codemasters? Have they fixed bugs found in Ashes mainly computer suffering lots of runouts and slip catches are not carrying??
Thanks.

Mass Effect 2 still going on, having fun along with Dead or Alive 4 on xbox360 .....

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back