Games For Nintendo Wii!

I am planning on picking up Nintendo Wii soon, but only problem is only 4 games are coming with the unit that too from the sports/Wii fitness package. Other Wii games are not available in the store either. Wondering about a good source for Wii games especially in Hyderabad or with shipping to Hyderabad. Any pointers would be much appreciated...

the nintendo Wii is fantastic , but only the graphics are a bit let down, its a great way to have fun with kids , the unit costed me 1000DHS in dubai (approx 12000/-inr )the price here is abt 20k and 12k in the grey market, the other problem is the cost of the games , it ranges from 1500--2000+, the games are available @ landmark outlets

recently came to know that pirated versions are available for 100-150rs ,national market ,blr,but to play this u need to MOD CHIP the unit ,and the price for this wud be 3000rs

will try to MODCHIP the unit ,has anyone done this as yet??

modchips do have the problem of bricking the wii due to any system updates via ninetendo.. could you try to search for the Soft mod ie software mods ?

Hope you all are aware of the following:
Wii Damage

Please make sure to take the necessary precautions.. The main culprit is the "Remote Strap", a simple example of a cheap component which becomes a vital role in the failure of a good product. The surprising thing is that the company has not done any changes to the strap.

Last edited:
I have a Nintendo Wii for my Kids and I am using it from last 1 year.I bought the unit from Palika Bazaar in New Delhi and it was modded. I have since then performed 4 or 5 firmware upgrades on the system and the modification is still intact. One and only advantage of modding the console with the mod chip is that you can play copied games on the system which costs around 100 bucks in comparison with 2000 for the originals. I know a guy in Palika Bazaar in Delhi who is very good in modding game consoles and the cost comes around 2500.

Does any one need Wii.
I can send you my Wii .
I just bought a Wii v3.4u and I have hit a wall. I rented the Zelda game and successfully loaded homebrew and downloaded some games. YEAH!

Hope you all are aware of the following:
Wii Damage

Please make sure to take the necessary precautions.. The main culprit is the "Remote Strap", a simple example of a cheap component which becomes a vital role in the failure of a good product. The surprising thing is that the company has not done any changes to the strap.

I got my Wii from the US from among the first batches and I can attest that there is no problem with the straps as such.

I got my Wii from the US from among the first batches and I can attest that there is no problem with the straps as such.

There is no problem with the strap as such. All the reported issues were happened because of the wear and tear over a period of time. Some had issues within in one year. Also it depends on the game which you play like Tennis, bowling etc.

I've had my wii for awhile and im curently on 4.1 firmware and i would like to play import games on my wii. What do i need to do in order to play them. I really dont want to burn wii games but if that would be easier than i would.

u need to hack it.. install homebrew, channels, and usbloader app, then u can play games directly off the hard drive..
no need to burn them on dvd...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back