Gaming Console Advice Please...

avgeek

I want to start gaming and need to decide between PS4 and Xbox One X.

I will also be using the same for 4K video transcoding and as a Blu-ray player and network media player.

What's the better option between the two for all these functions?

PC is ruled out because of budget and near impossibility of a GPU these days.

And also with regard to cheaper games to buy to play long term from between the 2 consoles.

xbox one x & one s has 4k blu-ray playback with dolby atmos/dts x support. None of the PS consoles support this.

PS4 Pro if you love gaming as it has many wonderful exclusive titles like Uncharted, GOW and xbox one S if you want true 4K and Blue ray for movies.

It depends on what your primary use is.

If you want 4k blu ray playback - Only Xbox one S OR Xbox One X have this. Neither Ps4 or Ps4 Pro support 4k blu ray playback but they do play normal Full HD blu ray.

If you want better games (exclusives) - Ps4/Pro has many (Uncharted, Horizon, The last of Us, God of War, Bloodborne, upcoming Spiderman etc.) Xbox exclusives are much less in terms of both quantity and quality.

Best resolution for gaming - Xbox one X is the most powerful console and does true 4k for select games. Ps4 Pro is the next in power and uses checkerboard upscaling to 4k. Third is Ps4 for HD and fourth is Xbox One S which hardly manages to do HD.

not sure how old u are..but if u have kids..pick up an old nintendo wii available dirt cheap for olx, hack it and make it play downloadable games...i did that 10 years back....and my kids even now are crazy about the wii...although now they have graduated to the Switch and I am now forced to buy 50 dollar games!

1. Xbox One X (4K 60fps support, Dolby Atmos, HDMI 2.1, Backwards compatibility, can play all Xbox 360 games and Xbox Game pass with unlimited games download). As of now most powerful console. Also can downscale from Ultra HD resolution for ultra-sharp graphics in 1080P TV.

2. PS4 Pro (4K, No Atmos support, Got great games, No downscale from 4K)

If you have kids, or you like motion sensing games, go for xbox one with kinect.
If you have 4k BR playback in mind, go for xbox one x

If none of the above matters, search on exclusive games for both xbox and PS, and see which one you like. Both consoles are equally good, and the only differentiation being exclusive games available for each console. Take a call based on that

One other option is Apple TV 4. (Either normal or latest HD version). I have it and i like it much.
This may not have hard core games like ps4, but its playability will be more than others.

My friend had purchased ps4, but he does not use it much. We have to put cd, wait for it to losd, then the game will start..and that to in story mode version.

The big question is, how much long and how many times frequrntly, we are able to use that item after purchasing. In apple tv we download games at touch of a button... no cd and loading and waiting.
Games are light and fun, which can be played by all members of family. It also has motion sensing of remote, eg for car racing cane we just TILT the remote left n right like a steering. And for tennis we actually have to play it like that by swinging the remote in air...

Many thanks everybody for your recommendations.

I have decided to go with the PS4 Pro.

Please point me in the direction of any good deals for the same with game titles.

Thanks everybody.

Many thanks everybody for your recommendations.

I have decided to go with the PS4 Pro.

Please point me in the direction of any good deals for the same with game titles.

Thanks everybody.

Cant help you with prices as they are more or less same in India. I think its around 40K. I got mine from Dubai at 26K (similar to US prices) but there wont be any warranty.

On titles, you can start with latest 4k masterpieces. Some recommendations below, but it would depend on personal preferences:

1. God of War - probably best visual on Ps4 Pro, highest rated game released this year across all consoles
2. The Last of Us - pinnacle of mature gaming style and story. People argue that its among the greatest game of all time. Slightly old but still stunning (part two coming next year)
3. Horizon Zero Dawn - Post apocalyptic world with Robot dinosaurs to hunt and good story - don't think I need to say more. Great visuals on Pro
4. Detroit Become Human - Futuristic story where androids are part of human society. Warning - the game is more cinematic but less gameplay. Absolute graphical joy for Pro
5. Bloodborne - mine and many gamers favorite PS4 game. Its complex and dark storywise, with absolute brutal combat - not for a new gamer though because the difficulty is harder than standard games

All above are exclusives and there are many more. For third party titles, following are recommended for graphics and gameplay based on what I played:

1. Destiny 2 : if you want a game with HDR and beauty with best gunplay (shooter), this should be it. This is an always online game so people play it for years based on new expansions being added.

2. Assassins Creed Origins: one the most successful gaming franchises, this latest one is highly rated and graphically close to 4k resolution on Pro

There are many many other multiplats including Call of Duty, Battlefield etc. which people enjoy.

Future purchases:

A. Playstation VR - make sure to consider this as your future purchase. Its much better on Pro, and you have to experience it to know this is the future of Gaming.

Hope this helps somewhat, but do your own research to see what you like.:)

Cant help you with prices as they are more or less same in India. I think its around 40K. I got mine from Dubai at 26K (similar to US prices) but there wont be any warranty.

On titles, you can start with latest 4k masterpieces. Some recommendations below, but it would depend on personal preferences:

1. God of War - probably best visual on Ps4 Pro, highest rated game released this year across all consoles
2. The Last of Us - pinnacle of mature gaming style and story. People argue that its among the greatest game of all time. Slightly old but still stunning (part two coming next year)
3. Horizon Zero Dawn - Post apocalyptic world with Robot dinosaurs to hunt and good story - don't think I need to say more. Great visuals on Pro
4. Detroit Become Human - Futuristic story where androids are part of human society. Warning - the game is more cinematic but less gameplay. Absolute graphical joy for Pro
5. Bloodborne - mine and many gamers favorite PS4 game. Its complex and dark storywise, with absolute brutal combat - not for a new gamer though because the difficulty is harder than standard games

All above are exclusives and there are many more. For third party titles, following are recommended for graphics and gameplay based on what I played:

1. Destiny 2 : if you want a game with HDR and beauty with best gunplay (shooter), this should be it. This is an always online game so people play it for years based on new expansions being added.

2. Assassins Creed Origins: one the most successful gaming franchises, this latest one is highly rated and graphically close to 4k resolution on Pro

There are many many other multiplats including Call of Duty, Battlefield etc. which people enjoy.

Future purchases:

A. Playstation VR - make sure to consider this as your future purchase. Its much better on Pro, and you have to experience it to know this is the future of Gaming.

Hope this helps somewhat, but do your own research to see what you like.:)
Thanks, the list certainly helps.

PS: By deal I meant games bundled along with the PlayStation 4 Pro purchase. Don't expect there to be any drop in Indian pricing at least.

PS4 pro available with warranty in Delhi at around 30k with latest jailbreak (free games), My brother just got 1 15 days back, if need contact of person let me know. btw Jailbreak for ps4 is available only on fw 5.05 and below.

PS4 pro available with warranty in Delhi at around 30k with latest jailbreak (free games), My brother just got 1 15 days back, if need contact of person let me know. btw Jailbreak for ps4 is available only on fw 5.05 and below.
Can you please share the contact details?

Don't really need the jailbreak, however, the pricing is indeed attractive.

Shipping charges though will still come into play I guess.

Can you please share the contact details?

Don't really need the jailbreak, however, the pricing is indeed attractive.

Shipping charges though will still come into play I guess.
I will try to get contact soon and I am not sure if it will be shipped as the seller deals locally only. you can get many such deals with your local dealers.

Hey, guys I am back with a few more noob questions.

1. Do you guys recommend a 500 GB or 1 TB console?
2. Do you recommend signing up for PlayStation Plus?
3. Can I run a Plex Media Server on the PS 4 Pro? Otherwise, I will look to getting the Nvidia Shield.
4. How many controllers do I want? And are there any controller variants that I should be aware of?

Many thanks.

Hey, guys I am back with a few more noob questions.

1. Do you guys recommend a 500 GB or 1 TB console?
2. Do you recommend signing up for PlayStation Plus?
3. Can I run a Plex Media Server on the PS 4 Pro? Otherwise, I will look to getting the Nvidia Shield.
4. How many controllers do I want? And are there any controller variants that I should be aware of?

Many thanks.
1. Ps4 pro is 1 TB only don't buy a PS4 Slim.

2. PSN Plus is for Multiplayer (network gaming), I have been using PS4 from last 4 years and has used PS Plus for few months but did not find it worth it as I am not into multiplayer gaming and few free games per month are only thing good about it but still I would say to avoid it or atleast don't sign on Indian PSN as titles are much better on PSN USA.
3. No Clue.
4. 1 is enough as no major titles has an option for 2nd controller, only few sports based games like fifa and wwe has 2nd controller option to use.

also I messed up the pricing by claiming 30k and I reconfirmed its 36k with GST bill and warranty (my bad) I believe amazon prime day is coming and you can get a better deal on amazon in few days.

Both the PlayStation 4 Pro and a few games.

Started with Bloodborne, probably not a good choice for a total beginner like me.

I am liking the PS4 Pro and want to thank everybody for their valuable suggestions.

Both the PlayStation 4 Pro and a few games.

Started with Bloodborne, probably not a good choice for a total beginner like me.

I am liking the PS4 Pro and want to thank everybody for their valuable suggestions.
Must buy GOW, its the best game ever, Also The last of us remastered, you will be able to get it cheap as its old.

Must buy GOW, its the best game ever, Also The last of us remastered, you will be able to get it cheap as its old.
Thanks, I will be grabbing them ASAP. Kind of bummed that I did not grab God of War in the Prime Day sale for Rs. 2500. I did buy Uncharted 4, but did not start as I am waiting for the Nathan Drake Collection.

Please do recommend more games.

Thanks.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back