GamuT's new Offering - Affordable at last!

magma

hello all

GamuT is out with a new line of speakers called the "Dana"
GamuT has always been an expensive brand however the pricing on these speakers is affordable enough and something that most Indian customers are used to shelling out for mid fi gear.

This line also includes a centre channel and an active sub and so GamuT will at last enter the new territory commercially availble surround sound speaker package

Ive heard GamuT a while ago. I loved them. at this pricing im pretty sure it will create waves and compete with speakers even twice its price , even kill some

Here are some pics. Amongst the first to go online anywhere in the world.

(source : A freind at Hermit Audio)

This has just been launched;
Products will be going into production soon - they will have an international 'debut' on May 20th - Munich - High End Show.

expect an indian debut only by october

Pricing
40 K [small B/S]
80 K [Small Floor Stander]
100 K [Big Floor Stander]
65 K [Sub]

exclusive of VAT

but this is just a guess

Last edited:
I had a demo of GamuT Dana 1525 in Oceanic last weekend, paired with a Jolida, this floored me completely... be it the balance, or the tonal quality or the timing... I tried some complex harmony compositions of Enya, the system separated and presented each layer beautifully, the cost not discussed, as I went primarily for an amp, Maranz it will be for me it seems, has anyone got the 8003/6003?

Some info -

Dana One Five Twenty Five (1525)

Stand mount 2 way Loudspeakers: 5,25 inch woofer 1 tweeter.
Cabinet: 38mm Lacquered MDF front baffle, 19mm MDF enclosure, Cherry or Black colour
Gold plated bi-wiring terminals
Bas reflex system. Tuning at 48Hz

Technical data:
Frequency response: 58-22000Hz
Load Impedance: 4 ohms nominal, minimum 3.2 Ohms at 220Hz
Sensitivity: 86.5dB/2.83V
H:370, W:170, D:250, Weight: 7 Kg

Quoted price on http://e-shop.highendstudios.de/LOUDSPEAKERS-11/LOUDSPEAKERS/GamuT-Dana-1525.html is 500 Euros, which means, it should definitely cost less than 40 K!!

This also happens to be my first post in this forum, hope to have a great time here. Thanks!

Has Hermit Audio closed down? their website published numbers are not responding/says wrong number.

Shyamtanu

Last edited:
I

Has Hermit Audio closed down? their website published numbers are not responding/says wrong number.

Shyamtanu

glad you liked the Gamut
ive always liked them but they were too rich for my blood when i was searching a year ago

Hermit is not closed
its only that some of those nos belonged to an employee who is now not working there

hi Shyamtanu,
welcome aboard.

Why dont u introduce ur self and ur system ??

thanks

hi Shyamtanu,
welcome aboard.

Why dont u introduce ur self and ur system ??

thanks

Sure I shall do in the introduction forum, frankly, I am setting the system for the first time. have a Sony HTDDW885 HTIB, which I regret for believing in specs of 135 rms per channel :( :( :(

Considering this - "Load Impedance: 4 ohms nominal, minimum 3.2 Ohms at 220Hz Sensitivity: 86.5dB/2.83V"

Do you think it will be a difficult one to drive by a 50 wpc at 8 Ohms amp? I am primarily considering the Marantz 6003 CDP+amp combo

Considering this - "Load Impedance: 4 ohms nominal, minimum 3.2 Ohms at 220Hz Sensitivity: 86.5dB/2.83V"

Do you think it will be a difficult one to drive by a 50 wpc at 8 Ohms amp? I am primarily considering the Marantz 6003 CDP+amp combo

Oceanic pune also used to be the distributor for Jolida amplifiers. Give 1501 RC a listen, I have one of this and after the change in input tubes they sound pretty good.

This is an old thread, but just wanted to conclude, after listening to Quad 12l2 with Norge 2060, I was much more impressed than Gamut, and that experience was again more enhanced when paired with Marantz PM6003 and CD 6003 combo. This is heavenly sound, I have thrown indian classical to heavy metallic fusion like Bikram Ghosh to Enya to Yanni, it never misses a beat, never fills tidy, music just flows like a sea, as it is supposed to be. I have listened to Usher combo paired with Naim in Malaysia recently, I did not find much difference but the tweeter is bit more sweeter in Usher, Quad is more tuned towards detailed sound.
This speaker is changing my music taste as badly recorded stuff sounds awful, but the better is the recording, the awesome is the presentation, and that is my definition of a real hi fi sound. It has enough punch for bass lovers, enough speed for a 2 way crossover, I use 14 guage DAC for speakers and audioquest red one as interconnects. I have not yet biwired, may be that will be another wonder to unfold!

In future, I want to buy a floor stander with a min 100 wpc rms amp, but that is a far off target.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back