Garrard 401 update

Hi,

for example an amp next to your turntable on the arm side, or underneath it. Try moving things around to see if it helps.

Try placing an aluminum foil on the platter below the rubber mat and see if it helps.

The Amp is under the TT and there is a 2" teak plank in between them. The TV is always off when the TT is in use. I suppose it is a combination of the cartridge and the motor. I'll try the coil out tonight. And see how things are after I put in the new cartridge

Hi,
The hum is most likely from a loose connection in the chain - cartridge earth clips/tonearm earth wires below the base/RCA connection on amp/earth wire on ground connector on amp.

Check them all out, also for cold solder. Once they're all tightened/firmly soldered, you ought not to get any hum at all.

Now here are a few problems. The amp itself also needs servicing. All the control knobs are dirty. So I now need tape head cleaning fluid (a rare commodity these days, considering the gallons of the stuff we used not too long ago) for the knobs and input terminals. Anti static lubricating oil thence.
Hi
I think Tape head cleaning fluid contains Alcohol and will not be good for contacts of controls (It will dry the contacts) and if amp is old carbon layer in controls may come of. There are switch cleaning oils like Zorrik 88 you can use them. They lubricate and clean.
Hiten

Hi
I think Tape head cleaning fluid contains Alcohol and will not be good for contacts of controls (It will dry the contacts) and if amp is old carbon layer in controls may come of. There are switch cleaning oils like Zorrik 88 you can use them. They lubricate and clean.
Hiten

Hiten is right... Try Philips connector fluid.... Its nice and mild and does the job quite well... A tad tough to find, but really worth the trouble...

:confused: I thought you purchased via amazon??? How much is the local dealer charging for it?

regards

Too much impatience. Bought one from local dealer also. Rs. 5600. I know I paid too much. MRP was 6990, he knocked off 1400 for me. Waiting for Amazon to deliver. That's about two weeks. This I got in five days

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back