Geek Pulse X DAC in the house

wishihadtubes

So I finally have my Geek Pulse X DAC/headphone amplifier with dual mono balanced output. Been listening to it since this morning and the sound just blew me away.
Guitars, especially acoustic guitars, are more life-like and sound terrific. Mids are nice and clear and the bass has great extension.
Headphone amp has three gain settings and works fine with even hard to drive cans.

Congratulations on getting a Geek.
I have been following them for some time and their deals have looked - well I have had to apply special effort to curb my greedy horses !

Do share listening experience in comparison to what you were listening before or better still in comparison to other dac options in its price class. Its more helpful in decision making & gives more context to 'guitars are more life-like'.

Thanks anyways.

The Geek Pulse is an amazing piece of gear, especially for the price I paid for it during the crowd-funding stage. I regret that I did not go for the femto clock version.
My main DAC till last year was the French MyDAC but it went into storage after I got my Geek Out 750 portable DAC.
The Geek Out has been swapped out following the arrival of the Geek Pulse X.
Impressions so far? The soundstage is much bigger, the separation of instruments is way better, the bass goes really deep and is tighter and more controlled.
The headphone section of the Geek Pulse is exceptional, working great with a wide range of IEMs and over-ear headphones.
My day job keeps me very busy but I will file a detailed review when I have the time.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back