general question???

manu4panjab

hello brothers

as most of you know now that i have still using onkyo av receiver that comes with onkyo 5100htib with my all polk speakers and subs

i want to know if i upgrade to higher model of avr do i get more bass and more punch in mid and high frequencies

my polk still sound so thin with the above mention av receiver from onkyo

so suggest me best advice for av receiver i want the best

price is not the concern so just tell me :D

have you heard these polks with ANY other amp with which they sounded as per your liking? If yes, one may be able to suggest further.
Sunfire has some very good avrs. The 8003 series of marantz also has some great power.

regards

hello brothers

as most of you know now that i have still using onkyo av receiver that comes with onkyo 5100htib with my all polk speakers and subs

i want to know if i upgrade to higher model of avr do i get more bass and more punch in mid and high frequencies

my polk still sound so thin with the above mention av receiver from onkyo

so suggest me best advice for av receiver i want the best

price is not the concern so just tell me :D

why oh why manu you keep repeating the same question - venkat sir and others have already given you sound advice regarding which AVR you should go for - sunfire, onkyo 875 and above at the minimum with maybe a multichannel amplifier to boot.

BTW polks do sound thin with onkyos (at least till 606 IMHO)

Dude we are all here to collaborate and help other fellow members but askign the same question on multiple threads is a cardinal mistake:eek:

Paaaji YEs
Now it CLAIMS 130 W Rms
Now we drill down thes specs -from onkyo site

Power Output -
Front L/R 130 W/Channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, FTC)
Center 130 W (8 ohms, 1 kHz, FTC)
Surround L/R 130 W/Channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, FTC)
Surround Back L/R 130 W/Channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, FTC)
Dynamic Power 210 W (3 ohms)
190 W (4 ohms)
130 W (8 ohms)
THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) 0.9 %
Damping Factor 60 (Front, 1 kHz, 8 oh

Now any good n HONEST amp gives power output on entire frequency spectrun -20HZ to 20000 HZ and 0.9% is too high distortion nrmally it is 0.05% or lower.

THIS IS GENERAL TRICK TO BEEF UP POWER RATING

In fact insted of changing Sub & Speakers you should try upgrading the amp
!! Also see that the amp will UPSCALE through HDMI not mearly passthrough...

A good HT amp maybe JUST 100Wx 7 on nentire spectrum and low distortion will work wonder!!

why oh why manu you keep repeating the same question - venkat sir and others have already given you sound advice regarding which AVR you should go for - sunfire, onkyo 875 and above at the minimum with maybe a multichannel amplifier to boot.

BTW polks do sound thin with onkyos (at least till 606 IMHO)

Dude we are all here to collaborate and help other fellow members but askign the same question on multiple threads is a cardinal mistake:eek:

i know bro i'm asking the same question again and again

please dpn't mine i don't understand that line of yours (at least till 606 IMHO)

Will this be enough?

denon_avr5308ci_back.jpg

Or you can try the big daddy of all here.

denon-a1hdci-ssp-poa-a1hdci-amplifier-front-main-large.jpg

Cheers.

the denon baby rocks..........wonder whats teh oging price for that??

BTW dont you agree guys polk TSI series does sound thin though the sharpness is good.

PS: Manu - we cna only suggest some things - better you audition it before buying. But tell me one think why the polk TSI??

the denon baby rocks..........wonder whats teh oging price for that??

About 2.5 lakhs each or thereabouts.

Arcam's new 600 receiver is a monster of an amp. Even more powerful is their FMJ AV888+FMJ P777 processor/amp combination that pump out 150 watts per channel. Even more powerful is the 5 channel A51 amplifier from Parasound that pumps out 250 watts per channel.

If Manu wants more power I am sure Audire will be ready to give their 1000 watts per channel stereo amp. He can buy three of these to power 6 channels. This will be 6000 watts of clean power.

Even More? I am ready to faint. Just the thought is making me go deaf.

Cheers

Arcam's new 600 receiver is a monster of an amp. Even more powerful is their FMJ AV888+FMJ P777 processor/amp combination that pump out 150 watts per channel. Even more powerful is the 5 channel A51 amplifier from Parasound that pumps out 250 watts per channel.

If Manu wants more power I am sure Audire will be ready to give their 1000 watts per channel stereo amp. He can buy three of these to power 6 channels. This will be 6000 watts of clean power.

Cheers

venkat sir just an observation - you see to be networked very well the Hifi dealers/distributors - i have always seen you coming up with the good sin the pricing dept.:clapping: - and everything else too.....

Manu show us the money and get the stuff - please post the pics too - would love to see any one of the above here.

Ready to faint?!

Try this.

7071075122_grateful_small.jpg

The Wall of Sound was comprised of 586 JBL speakers and 54 Electrovoice tweeters powered by 48 MacIntosh 2300 Amps (48 X 600 = 28,800 Watts of continuous (RMS) power. :)

The Wall of Sound[/URL] was comprised of 586 JBL speakers and 54 Electrovoice tweeters powered by 48 MacIntosh 2300 Amps (48 X 600 = 28,800 Watts of continuous (RMS) power. :)

I was ready to faint, now you have made me Gratefully Dead. Sigh !!!

Cheers

LOL Venkat, you are good sport! It's fun to have you around man. Lately the forum was goin a tad touchy with posts and at time even a lil cuckoo with psycho analysis, cribbing husbands and what not!

Cheers

hey bro what is the price of arcam new 600 receiver and fmj av 888+fmjp777

and parasound too

i want clean power

Last edited:
if you want clean power, get a power conditioner ;)

If you need to be kicked and punched by base, held by your hair and thrown around the room like a punctured balloon - you would need multiple power connections. Buy 10-15 1000 watt mono amps, distribute them on two three connections of 3 phase of 20A power - and deploy at least 18 inchers or larger subs. I think you should visit some discotheques and see what kind of power they are throwing out. Contact the professional installers.

regards

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back