Generic RCA Plug Gold Plated from amazon any good?

sim_tcr

Hello,

I am experimenting with RCA interconnect cable (like everyone here).
So far I have tried Screw Terminal Connector like below with CAT5 cables and it works well.

1.png

I wanted to try Generic RCA Plug Gold Plated from amazon with shielded cables/CAT 5 cables

2.jpg

Are these any good?
If any specific one good, Can some one link that?
I don't want to spend a bomb on the connector/cables.

Thanks.

Hello,

So far I have tried Screw Terminal Connector like below with CAT5 cables and it works well.

View attachment 73066

I wanted to try Generic RCA Plug Gold Plated from amazon with shielded cables/CAT 5 cables

View attachment 73067

Are these any good?

Thanks.
The outer shell is plastic coated with metal. It is so light. But these are ok. I have measured the capacitance of these plugs. They are around 4 pF IIRC. The costly ones costing > 1000 per pair have higher capacitance than these. Only the bullet plug had a lower capacitance than these.

I am technically ill-equipped, but my limited experience with variety of RCA and speaker cables has taught me that the tightness of the fit into the post is more important than anything else.

Hello,

View attachment 73066

View attachment 73067

Are these any good?

Thanks.
Have tried these…they are ok for experimenting…..
The silver variants are difficult to solder on. The solder just wont catch. A bit more heat and the insulation separating the hot from the ground melts. So tin the wire to before soldering the wire. Tinning will also ensure cat5 wires dont break when using the screw.

Do these have Teflon insulation ?

Last edited:
Will coaxial cable used for DTH antenna to set top box suitable for RCA interconnect cable?
This is what I have in mind. 3Ghz 75 Ohm Coaxial Rg-6 Cable
Its cheap, 500 INR for 30 meter.
Try the belden copper core foil insulated with a tin mesh as return. Works well as digital coax.
Hello,
View attachment 73066
View attachment 73067
Are these any good?
Thanks.
Terminal connector to rca is nice to experiment 😃

Mod's Note:
Back to back posts have been merged. Multi-quote back to back posts in a single post to reduce clutter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have tried these…they are ok for experimenting…..
The silver variants are difficult to solder on. The solder just wont catch. A bit more heat and the insulation separating the hot from the ground melts. So tin the wire to before soldering the wire. Tinning will also ensure cat5 wires dont break when using the screw.

Do these have Teflon insulation ?
According to amazon picture yes, I am to receive it on Tuesday.

Got the connectors today, they seems to be of good quality.
Going to try with Belden RG6 with copper core and silver shield and foil.
IMG_1077 copy1.jpg
Edit:
Tried the cable. It worked without issues.
Is there a big difference? Not to my ears :)
But looks much cleaner and solid than CAT5 cable.

I dont know what to measure from a cable characteristics perspective.
My old cheap multimeter can measure only resistance, which showed around 3 Ohm.
IMG_1078.jpgIMG_1083.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A really nice implementation. I recall making interconnects from "Sommercable" microphone shielded wire(26 G,copper). Do recall that resistance on a 2 m cable was hardly .5 ohm. Do check if your meter is okay.

A really nice implementation. I recall making interconnects from "Sommercable" microphone shielded wire(26 G,copper). Do recall that resistance on a 2 m cable was hardly .5 ohm. Do check if your meter is okay.
My old cheap multimeter can measure only resistance, which showed around 3 Ohm.

I just tightened the screw, and ground just jammed between the clip.
Soldering will help. But even with screwing the signal cable both sides you shouldnt see 3 ohms unless the cable is broken under the screw pressure.

Hello,

View attachment 73066

View attachment 73067

Are these any good?

Thanks.
I have found a few websites like TANOTIS that sell great stuff from brands like Neutrik which would be a one time investment for you . They have a lot of choices and with diff price points. Rest you can decide.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back