Genius sp-hf1800A

mystikcs

Anyone here know about the Genius sp-hf1800A?
I am looking for a 2ch desktop speaker. The reviews of Genius sp-hf1800A are good everywhere. Just wanted to know the opinion of experts here.
The other options I have is
Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II
and Bose companion 2.
But these two are double the price of Genius.

Last edited:
I had one for quite some time, was good while it lasted. (should have lasted for almost 1 year). Sound was really decent.

Then suddenly it went dead. I was told this cannot get repaired at the service center, as I did not have much option took it to a SP Road speaker service center, couple of things including a capacitor had conked (not sure about reason, the speaker shop person's opinion was that this may occur if suddenly the voltage was higher than 230V - though nothing else at home has a issue). Spent about Rs. 1000 on repairs, this is currently working, though not sure if the sound quality is the same as before (have not really checked as I lost interest in it. Is now kept in storage since last 6 months, intent was to used as backup speaker if required). As you are also in Bangalore, if you like, you can pick it up from me. PM me if you need.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back