|Get the Yamaha AS801 or Audiolab 6000a for Polk R200?

muchwowsuchwow

I am at a crossroads here, I wanted to get some suggestions on which of the amplifiers above to get for a pair of Polk Audio R200. I have heard that the 6000a pairs well with them but the cheaper Yamaha AS801 not only looks better (in my opinion) but is also cheaper. Of course looks are not everything and both will fill my room, I just needed some opinions here.

Which should I get? Which one pairs the best for the Polk R200?

For reference I mostly listen to CDs on an Onkyo DXC390 and occasionally vinyl records, typically electronic music like Daft Punk but I enjoy many other genres as well.

You could go with 6000a as it is a good amplifier with a good DAC.it also does a good job, if you want to stream from your mobile /laptop. There might be resale for this amp in this forum (just do a search )

I am at a crossroads here, I wanted to get some suggestions on which of the amplifiers above to get for a pair of Polk Audio R200. I have heard that the 6000a pairs well with them but the cheaper Yamaha AS801 not only looks better (in my opinion) but is also cheaper. Of course looks are not everything and both will fill my room, I just needed some opinions here.

Which should I get? Which one pairs the best for the Polk R200?

For reference I mostly listen to CDs on an Onkyo DXC390 and occasionally vinyl records, typically electronic music like Daft Punk but I enjoy many other genres as well.
you will not go wrong with either.

But if in doubt and you are unable to get any information on how they sound, go with the one with more power. I guess the yamaha is not just cheaper but also more powerful ?

Another old test is look at the weight as it gives an idea of the size of the transformers...the heavier is better although this works only if you compare like of like. eg a Class D amp, or an OTL amp will always be lighter

Please include the Rega Brio amplifier on the list. It should do superb for EDM as the dynamics are very good. Regas are one of the underrated amps in India. Go listen to Brio, AS801 and 6000a. Decide based on your experience.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back