Getting high end gaming CPU need 5.1ch audio output for following setup.

Yogesh Khadtare

Well guys I have both Sony HT-M5 & Sony DAV-DZ340K both have 5.1 output now I am willing to use both in my room for music, gaming & movies. But I want clean 5.1ch surround output from both at a time! So Sony HT-M5 has 4 hdmi (3 in & 1out with ARC) it also has optical in/out. Whereas Sony DAV-DZ340K has single HDMI out which is also ARC enabled & it has 2ch rca audio in & an 3.5mm auxiliary audio in that's it! I have 2 led televisions out of which none has optical out nor ARC!!! So here is all the problem! Now how I am supposed to get 5.1 audio from both systems simultaneously? If u have any trick lemme know.
Another question for computer experts is what should I do to get 5.1ch audio + full HD video from same hdmi so I will transfer it from AV receiver to led. Do I need sound card for this? I don't want audio from rca am strictly looking for HDMI out of optical out would work but preferably need hdmi out. For this purpose am getting one high configuration CPU connected to led & systems operated by wireless mouse and keyboard. Any tips, tricks and suggestions would be helpful. Thanks. Live loud!!

Hi,

Seems Your second system don't have multichannel input (rca/ HDMI , coax / optical digital ). You can't use its amp for multichanneled playback.
Anyways, why do you want to use amp of very low end DVD/BD player, when you have other Dedicated amp of HT-M5?

To get multichannel playback from your desktop, buy videocard with HDMI. That will solve your purpose. (Not recommended to buy soundcard, since its always better to let your AVR decode by passing encoded signals in.)
For hasale free watching and listening buy a good media player software like Powerdvd. Or if don't want to spend money you can try ffdshow / ac3filter decoders in MPC classic.

Check if the PC's motherboard supports HDCP compliant HDMI port ( if available ) else install GPU supporting the same.

This should be sufficient to send both Audio and Video to your Receiver.

Thanks for great help guys! I will make sure I get hdmi port with my new CPU. the purpose of using multiple systems was just to get more out of what I have but anyways Sony HT-M5 is way better in all cases so I don't actually need to compile any other system! I may add some subwoofers later. So guys if I got hdmi port I will surely get 5.1ch audio right? I just have to confirm my cpu has hdmi port. Thanks again.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back