getting NAD from USA?

wnrao

dear friends,

i am planning to buy NAD 355BEE amp with 80W output.
A friend of mine is going to US on a business trip and kindly agreed to get above amp for me. in india its retailing 39K where as in US/UK its around 25k.

is it possible to get in US amp with 230V AC instead of 115V AC input. i dont want to use step down transformer 230/115.

what is the best source for getting amps at best price in USA .

thanks in advance for the info.

regards

narsimha

It is unlikely to get a 230V amp from the US.

Also, as you might know, using a step down transformer would impact the performance.

A better idea would be to try from UAE or Oman or even Singapore. The pricing would be much more attractive as compared to India.

Just for comparison, the NAD C372 which sells at around Rs. 49K after discount in India, sells for less than Rs. 38K in the Gulf.

i dont think I would recommend amps and CDs from the US..singapore or Dubai may be a better bet although the best option is to buy local..at least you get warranty.

speakers are something you can buy from abroad since there are no power related issues

i dont think I would recommend amps and CDs from the US..singapore or Dubai may be a better bet although the best option is to buy local..at least you get warranty.

speakers are something you can buy from abroad since there are no power related issues

ok, what about bangkok, a friend is going there. i am planning to buy wharfedale 9.5 speakers. is there any price advantage in getting from abroad these speakers. the weight of speakers may be a discouraging factor. what do u say.

regards

ok, what about bangkok, a friend is going there. i am planning to buy wharfedale 9.5 speakers. is there any price advantage in getting from abroad these speakers. the weight of speakers may be a discouraging factor. what do u say.

regards

also note
9.5 are floorstanders.
Such a huge parcel may arouse the curiousity of customs and even though it may be worth less than 25K- once customs has you open it they will find some way to chrge.
Once they had their own stupid pricelist of what a product was worth!

dear friends,

A friend of mine is going to US on a business trip and kindly agreed to get above amp for me. in india its retailing 39K where as in US/UK its around 25k.

is it possible to get in US amp with 230V AC instead of 115V AC input. i dont want to use step down transformer 230/115.

regards

narsimha

if im not mistaken all nads come with a switch at the back which you can choose 110 or 220v. get your friend to confirm this first with the dealer before you buy

if im not mistaken all nads come with a switch at the back which you can choose 110 or 220v. get your friend to confirm this first with the dealer before you buy

you mean its the same model for europe/asia and the same one for america too?
wow
can someone confirm this?

you mean its the same model for europe/asia and the same one for america too?
wow
can someone confirm this?

i've got a nad and it has the switch. i assume that the point of doing this is to have one model worldwide. but the best way to confirm this would be to check on a US forum

regards

I doubt if you will find Bangkok cheaper..they do have a duty structure and Hifi in Bangkok is expensive

for Wharfedale makes sense to buy in india !

from what i've seen, for some reason the pricing of wharfedales in india compares to the rest of the world. they're more expensive in the usa!!! so i dont think theres much point bringing it in from overseas

Hi

The primary advantages in getting components from outside India are : price, options/choices in the components and purchase channels.

The disadvantages are : service, customs fees, compatibility to Indian power/connections, finding willing friends/family to source it.

With this, I say that your biggest issue will be the connectors as the NADs have the 120/240 power switch. It is not impossible to get this done in the US but hard.

Better options are to get this form countries that are on 220-240V format.

Sometimes the pricing difference is only a few 5K and if you take pain in the neck factor into accout, it becomes narrower.

Good luck anyway you source it.

Aside coment, what are your listening styles as the NAD with Wharfedales may be a bit dull for some genres.
dear friends,

regards

narsimha

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back