Getting OPPO 980 + AMP from singapore, want info

wnrao

Dear Friends,

My friend is visiting Singapore for 3 days 30th April to May 2nd. I have asked him to get for my 2 Ch stereo set up Oppo 980H (170 USD) + NAD 325BEE/CA 540A V2/Marantz PM 6002 for Amp in that order of preference. I gave the details of Sim Lim Square and Adelphi and asked him to look for above items there. Had any1 bought these items from Singapore recently, if so can you provide the details like the price/shop so that it will save time and effort for my friend in shopping.

BTW how is my above choice and what could be the savings in getting same from singapore

Thanks in advance

narsimha

If you have narrowed your choice of the hardware, you can call up the dealers directly and settle on a price. you can check on the web for reference prices. Adelphi is a more professional place to shop and deals with high end. Sim Lim, if you are not aware of the price points you can get ripped off. You can get NAD at Sim Lim, but the OPPO I am not sure you would. So do the research beforehand, identify the dealers and just point your friend to go to a particular shop and pick up the goods. In my view savings of 30%+ are possible, of course you have to avoid paying customs duties when you land in India. Cheers!

thanks for the info. i am also thinking same of calling the dealer in singapore. Oppo 980 is still available? i read some where its discontinued. i am also looking at marantz CDP CD5001 as alternate choice.

decided finally Marantz CDP CD5003 + Marantz AMP PM 7003 Combo. Called few dealers in singapore. Could not get much info about OPPP 980H from singapore. The best price i could get for above Marantz combo is 242+447 SGD. ie 699 SGD (Rs 25,200/-) from KEC sound/Adelphi. I am planning to pair it with Mission M34i which i am trying to get from Vijay sales , Mumbai for 18K.
Eventhough i wanted to audition Marantz with Mission , mission isnt available in Hyderabad. hope the Marantz and Mission combo will be Ok.

Last edited:
Why not get the Marantz SA7003 & PM7003 amp and player combination? The 5001 is only an entry-level player and you can get it quite easily in India for less than 15,000. With the SA7003, you'd get SACD support as well apart from quite a bit better quality of sound.

Why not get the Marantz SA7003 & PM7003 amp and player combination? The 5001 is only an entry-level player and you can get it quite easily in India for less than 15,000. With the SA7003, you'd get SACD support as well apart from quite a bit better quality of sound.

Couldn't agree with you more Particleman!

Wnrao, if you can find it, why not get the KI Signature of the combo? You seem to be getting good pricing over there.

Happy hunting.

decided finally Marantz CDP CD5003 + Marantz AMP PM 7003 Combo. Called few dealers in singapore. Could not get much info about OPPP 980H from singapore. The best price i could get for above Marantz combo is 242+547 SGD. ie 699 SGD (Rs 25,200/-) from KEC sound/Adelphi. I am planning to pair it with Mission M34i which i trying to get from Vijay sales , Mumbai for 18K.
Eventhough i wanted to audition Marantz with Mission , mission isnt available in Hyderabad. hope the Marantz and Mission combo will be Ok.

My friend mailed some dealer in Singapore & they quoted him 490 SGD for PM 7003.PM7001 KI is discontinued in Singapore ( check Marantz's Singapore website).
Hope it helps :)

Is there still a KI signature series? I assumed the new 8000 series (e.g. PM 8003, SA 8003) was the equivalent instead of a 7003 bearing a "KI" moniker.

You are right. I believe the KI series is officially discontinued. But am sure, one can definitely find them if they look around. Similarly CD17 MKII KI is also high in demand. In fact the 17combo rank as the longest stayed combination in my modest hifi setup ever.

I have owned most of the marantz models in the past and can vouch for most of them any day! - dare I say, these classics can beat even the current crop of cdp/amps around.

well i had decided on CD5003 as it can also be used as a headphone amp and as its an entry level player its more affordable. any idea of the pricing of SA7003 as its also an important consideration for me , in fact my friend was recommending Cd6002 which is priced 14.5 k in singapore. My friend will be in singapore on 30th so i have few more days to decide
BTW can some1 suggest regarding interconnect and speaker cables. should i get them from singapore or they are available locally. whats a decent budget for cables, is 3-4k sufficient?

Last edited:
well i had decided on CD5003 as it can also be used as a headphone amp and as its an entry level player its more affordable. any idea of the pricing of SA7003 as its also an important consideration for me , in fact my friend was recommending Cd6002 which is priced 14.5 k in singapore. My friend will be in singapore on 30th so i have few more days to decide
BTW can some1 suggest regarding interconnect and speaker cables. should i get them from singapore or they are available locally. whats a decent budget for cables, is 3-4k sufficient?

FYI - KEC sells the PM7003 for S$ 490 (including GST) on cash payment.

The weight of the CDP and the Amp (shipping weight) is nearly 17kg, and the cartons are HUGE. That's the reason I couldnt get them from there ended up buying the amp for 33k locally :(

What would the extra baggage airline charges be? I've heard of people of bringing their bookshelves with them on flight without issues ...

Cheers

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back