Getting Paxmate/Silverstone acoustic foam

If the idea is to damp vibrations in a computer case, you might be able to use strips of Dynamat Extreme or some such damping sheets used by car audio installers.

I don't know what a T50RP is. I googled it and got links to Fostex Headphones. If that is your application, I guess I'm off the mark :eek:

If what you want is foam to damp the headphones, then again I can suggest something used by car audio installers. I'm just not really sure if it is still available. About 3 years back when Elettromedia products used to be available here (Audison, Hertz etc.), a type of closed cell foam sheet called AZ Audiocomp Foam used to be available for soundproofing car doors and damping vibrations caused by the plastic door panels. I've used it in my car's doors (one "sheet" covers a door). It is specifically meant to be used in audio applications. If you ask around the better car audio shops (ask the installer) they might have some left over in a corner of their stores.

Thanks for the details! That Audiocomp fonomat seems to be close to what I was looking for. Though the model thickness seems to be around 2mm. I was looking for around 4mm. May be I can apply 2 layers...

As you mentioned, this is for acoustic damping in headphones and I'm just following various mods provided in head-fi. These mods use both dynamat and Paxmate/Silverstone at different places of the headphones.

Again, thanks for the fonomat info. I'll ask around in car stores.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back