Getting towers from dubai

musik_manz

I am planning to visit dubai ....do u guys think it is good idea to buy the speakers ....It may be around 40 kg for pair...so even if i pay duty is it worth...
how much is duty...any body done this before ?

Five of us are traveling so baggage limit may not be a big issue!!

I am planning to visit dubai ....do u guys think it is good idea to buy the speakers ....It may be around 40 kg for pair...so even if i pay duty is it worth...

Getting AVR/ PS3/ DVD gadgets were worth not towers, i believe it may not work much cheaper considering your weight and total value which you import...You will not find much difference of price in LCD TV's also/ Except few models you can buy cheaper there, but you have to do homework before going...

Buy tower speakers in India with 5 years warranty and hear music peacefully.

Hi music-manz,

Do you know of any website where it's possible to check the prices of AV gear in Dubai?

Thanks

Online prices + mall prices in this shop will be more, you can save minmum another 10 to 15% if you roam in small shops, where they directly resell from distributors on your order... Plenty of shops are there in Dubai like this... go around....You have to pay advance first day, same day evening or next day morning you will get the item in packed condition from warehouse...

More to check online prices...

Jackys Electronics

http://www.jumbocorp.com/

Regards

So I assume answer from group is No for towers right ?

Mine advice is NO.. Better your bring some other components/gadgets and bring in your suitcase(Checkin luggage) including AVR/PS3/ Video Streamer to avoid duty...Sell around with some margin to whom were unable to source from abroad...With that money, buy the tower from here with warranty.

Generaly AVR/PS3/Streamer/Wii are working well without any problem and people buy only in grey market due to heavy quoted indian prices..

Start a group buy in chit chat section that you are going to dubai and people can tell their wishes for the products and indicate maximum prices they can afford..

Regards

Last edited:
Not to hijack music mans thread, but I'm getting a pair of diy speaker drivers from the states through my brother... any tips?

hi i_apocalypseon,

tip - get the two-way scanspeak ZRT kit from madisound with assembled cross-overs. - getting only the drivers may result in difficulties later on in the DIY process - also get silver solder (a small roll) and use silver coated wire for the internal wiring- buy also binding terminals separately for the loudspeakers.

regards

hi i_apocalypseon,

tip - get the two-way scanspeak ZRT kit from madisound with assembled cross-overs. - getting only the drivers may result in difficulties later on in the DIY process - also get silver solder (a small roll) and use silver coated wire for the internal wiring- buy also binding terminals separately for the loudspeakers.

regards

OT, Suri, please please consider starting a Crossover design thread. :)
If you want, i will send a pm to cranky, soundsgreat, jaudere, kaushik etc inviting them to give their inputs. We need a Diy crossover design thread on hfv.

OT, Suri, please please consider starting a Crossover design thread. :)
If you want, i will send a pm to cranky, soundsgreat, jaudere, kaushik etc inviting them to give their inputs. We need a Diy crossover design thread on hfv.

hi iaudio,

i reckon that to design cross-overs we would need to have

(1) A listening room with measuring equipment

(2) wood-working room attached to the above room to create test cabinets

because use of computer programs (alone) to create the cabinets and crossovers for drivers may not give a successful result. IMO

But, yes, do send the word out, and after we have the inputs from the people you mentioned, the thread could be started.

Should be interesting:)

hi iaudio,

i reckon that to design cross-overs we would need to have

(1) A listening room with measuring equipment

(2) wood-working room attached to the above room to create test cabinets

because use of computer programs (alone) to create the cabinets and crossovers for drivers may not give a successful result. IMO

But, yes, do send the word out, and after we have the inputs from the people you mentioned, the thread could be started.

Should be interesting:)

Done,Boss!

Btw, coconut is also there on the list of aphrodisiacs, along with onion. No wonder Aunty's movies are in high demand in Kerala!:p

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back