Ghazal Corner

I have created a Playlist of only classical (and may be a few light classical) ghazals by Hariharan...
Please do suggest if you want to add some more to it.
Thanks

Since my college days I have been a fan of the kind of stuff, Music Today label produced.. The hindustani classical, semi classical and ghazals...
I guess I have already mentioned they had a art and music gallery at inner circle in Connaught Place Delhi and I used to go there very often...

In the late 90s and early 2000s they invited a lot of Pakistani ghazal singers...
One such series is the Gulistan series.. Which has mainly ghazals from some outstanding female singers from across the border and a few geets..

Here I have compiled a Playlist with all the Gulistan numbers...
Love these ghazals and the awesome quliaty of those recordings..

The artists are.

Farida Khanum
Iqbal Bano
Reshma
Tahira Syed (daughter of the legendary Malika Pukhraj) Tahira has a wonderful khanakdaar voice and she generally songs very light Geet and they are wonderful...

If there is anyone whom I can listen after Ustad Mehdi Hassan as far as ghazal gayaki goes, it's just Hariharan... He has drunk the style of Mehdi Hassan and renders such nice live performances....
I came across a lice performance by him at the stage of bazm e khas, that was organised at the qutub complex a few years back... Simply outstanding.. Loved it

I loved it so much that despite it being only avaibale only on youtube, I downloaded just the audio in flac and the split the file in all 9 tracks for my offline listening...

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back