Gift Economy model of music streaming

Analogous

A rare and unique approach and business model;
This is a welcome alternative to the usual subscription- ad based models we are accustomed to.
High quality streaming 24/7 (4 streams)
Fabulous curation (IMO)
Advertisement (distraction) free
Listener decides whether to support or not and how much. (I sent $20)
Wish there were more businesses using this approach.

Read on…

Last edited:
Fabulous discovery @Analogous sir !!
I'm tuned into their stream from an hour, their pre curated playlists are really melodious.
Thank you for sharing !!

A rare and unique approach and business model;
This is a welcome alternative to the usual subscription- ad based models we are accustomed to.
High quality streaming 24/7 (4 streams)
Fabulous curation (IMO)
Advertisement (distraction) free
Listener decides whether to support or not and how much. (I sent $20)
Wish there were more businesses using this approach.

Read on…
To the list of pros I’d add the excellent user discussion forum. If you use their app, you can not just rate the song being played, but also write/read/discuss comments on the song - I haven’t found more comprehensive/knowdledgeable user comments at a song level anywhere else (YouTube and Allmusic come close). It helps in better appreciation of the song/artist. Of course there’re the odd nasty comments that one has to ignore like anywhere on social media.

Radio paradise is amazing - the curation, the app, the choice of 4 different streams.

I'm going through some of the stations listed here as well, take a listen:

Thanks. I used to track this list earlier. I didn’t know Naim Radio had added FLAC streams. Adding them to my Tuner (CXN).

The problem is many FLAC/Hi-res steams keep closing down. ‘Sector’ streams are quite good and have been stable for a long time. Especially like their Space and Prog streams.

This is the only Radio I listen to apart from Classic FM and BBC sounds. Even Linn radio is 320 kbps and quite good.
However, not able to skip tracks from within moode radio for RP, it is possible only from the app/browser through airplay.
I can do this with Picore player which has a great interface, but no PEQ or Camilla Dsp.

Thanks. I used to track this list earlier. I didn’t know Naim Radio had added FLAC streams. Adding them to my Tuner (CXN).

The problem is many FLAC/Hi-res steams keep closing down. ‘Sector’ streams are quite good and have been stable for a long time. Especially like their Space and Prog streams.
Its true that they keep closing down or changing urls etc. Another problem is that getting metadata from the stream is hit and miss. It varies with the station and with what we use to play the stream. For example one of the good stations from this list is Bluesflac - i can't get metadata, so if there is some music that is new to me I don't know what's playing and who the artist is. That kind of defeats one of the key things i love about radio - music discovery. Have discovered so much of new stuff listening to Radio Paradise.
On an unrelated note, these are two great stations, the first for jazz and the second for jazz , classical, world music etc , but both unfortunately only have lossy streams as of now.

Another problem is that getting metadata from the stream is hit and miss.
Yes... it's simply lazy on part of the radio stations to not include metadata which is so critical to listening on internet radio as there are no RJ announcements. I keep 'Shazam' app icon on my mobile's homepage for this purpose. It fires up quick and identifies most tracks in 2-3 seconds. What more, it also provides link to the track on Spotify/Apple Music so that I can save it as a favourite to play/explore later. Both apps also autonatically save your Shazamed tracks in My Shazam playlist for you to find them later.

On an unrelated note, these are two great stations, the first for jazz and the second for jazz , classical, world music etc , but both unfortunately only have lossy streams as of now.

Yes, Concertzender, Ocora (France), Radio Caprice, Hungama, Radio Zindagi, Naim, CRo, SECTOR, Linn, Radio Paradise, Frequence 3, SomaFM... all have great suites of radio stations by genre. Only a few of these are lossless, but even the lossy streams are very good in sound quality. For example, Radio Zindagi Retro plays old Hindi songs at surprisingly good level of fidelity.

Last edited:
Another update - Mother Earth radio has an Android app now available on the Google Play Store.

You can stream at 192 kHz with full metadata support !

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.