GIK acoustics is back?

Please read this statement on their site under Store policies:
"Note that in India we cannot accept any responsibility for damage as a result of local transport by our forwarder".
I was about to place an order, but now I am hesitating.
Cheers,
Sid

Wow. I remember sidvee having a bad time with the previous GIK distributor. I wrote to them regarding this post reading sidvees post. Just got a response.

Just making it clear that I have no interest in GIK or AN India and am not responsible for the outcome. So please read and contact them directly if you have queries. Just sharing as I received it.

-------

Dear Sir

To clarify the statement about shipping on the website:

Local shipping concerns shipping between our forwarder and the client. Shipment takes place directly from GIK Acoustics UK via this clearing agent to the customer. Audio Note India doesn’t touch the good during this transport, hence we cannot take final responsibility.

However, all shipping is insured. In case of damage, Audio Note India will claim damages on behalf of the customer from the insurance agency. So, in case of damage, the customer will be compensated.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further clarification at [email protected]

Regards

I like their business model.. it is a wonderful, risk free business where the customer pays upfront, takes all the risk and incase there is a problem, Audio Note steps in to claim compensation for the client which may take months to resolve... Also if every customer's order is shipped directly from the UK to the Indian customer's house, what is Audio Note doing in the middle???

Anyways, I am inspired to start a new business in audio if people are desperate enough to buy from them...

I like their business model.. it is a wonderful, risk free business where the customer pays upfront, takes all the risk and incase there is a problem, Audio Note steps in to claim compensation for the client which may take months to resolve... Also if every customer's order is shipped directly from the UK to the Indian customer's house, what is Audio Note doing in the middle???

Anyways, I am inspired to start a new business in audio if people are desperate enough to buy from them...

Audio note are new brokers of the audio world.

Thank you sir.

Am sure music lovers and stereo enthusiasts of whom there are many in the forum and outside will benefit.

Some members had raised some concerns about shipping and courier and it will be good to address those for a start.

Some members are already users of GIK and some did not have the means to import previously.

Having good room acoustics and sale of stereo equipment go hand in hand as it is both in tandem that can lead to maximization of the given room and by extension ..the enjoyment of music.

Wish you good luck !

Best regards

Firstly we always cover damages. Any customer would need to contact Audio Note directly as soon as a shipment arrives if they have any concerns with photographs of the damaged items. Audio Note have only just started working with us so a this point they would not know how this works. generally speaking our Freight company is excellent and we really have zero issues importing products into he country. The individual couriers in the individual areas we will start to learn more about.
Thank you..

Hi all,

This Is David Shevyn, Managing Director Of GIK Acoustics Europe and I am also responsible for worldwide contracts. I did follow this forum previously when we was using a previous distributor and I would like to thank everyone for their feedback. I was ale to see exactly what was going on and it was partly with your help that I ultimately decided to pull our products from that distributor.

Going forward we have just started work with Audio Not end hope that this will be a better arrangement going forward. At GIK Acoustics we pride ourselves on customer service, education, innovation, quality product sea donate to ensure that every single one of our customers is anadovcate for the next and I believe with this new partnership with Audio Note that these intonations will be carried forward by themselves also.

Please feel free house our acoustic advice and 3d modelling software available for free n the website and where I can I will happily answer questions. Hopefully this time we are going to be able to get our products to you and give you the service that you deserve

In major cities it might be helpful to have an acoustic measurement service where your trained rep comes home and does acoustic measurements and suggests solutions.

A charge suitable to cover the service can be incorporated.

This will help GIK Acoustics know potential customers by home visits and recommend products suited to homes and budgets.

Normally customers wouldn't be sure what to get and how much is enough..

I was looking at GIK monster bass traps today. But they are charging 10k shipping for 2 traps? Are these being shipped from out of India? If so, what about customs?

Doesn’t seem very sustainable model to me!

I had an email conversation with Aernoud at AN. He’s very polite and was pretty responsive.

Below is his response on shipping and customs.

“Audio Note imports to goods, and forwards them direct to the customer. Import Duty, clearing costs, taxes and International shipping are paid by Audio Note, not you.

The shipping cost is for the local shipping from the container terminal. These items are very bulky, and its exclusive transport.”

I added a lil over 2L worth of 242 Panels and Bass Traps to the cart...and the total shipping cost was ₹17k

Main downside I see is the long shipping wait. Other than that may be worth considering.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back