Glass Beaded screen

sanjgupt

any idea where to get glass beaded screeen in Bangalore and what is the cost.
I am planning to buy DLP projector. so looking for screen as well.
any other suggestion for screen is always welcome.

Thanks
Sanjeev

any idea where to get glass beaded screeen in Bangalore and what is the cost.

Thanks
Sanjeev

bro don't buy glass beaded screen it has very very narrow viewing angle and also it has lots and lots of hot spots which is very distracting :rolleyes:

Hi friends and fellow members,

I currently have a fixed frame 120" Draper Matt White with Mits 3800.
I want to upgrade to better gain screen. When I tested the dal-lite high power 2.8 same some time back with my prj on tabletop I was blown off by the increased gain.
I was about to purchase Da-Lite High Power 2.8, when I tested the material again with my prj ceiling mounted, and all the increased gain was gone as this material is retro reflective.
The projector I own cannot be put on tabletop in the current setup so I have to explore other options.
I would prefer the same gain with angular reflection, but thus far I am unable to find any such screen material, the ones that i find are "stewartfilmscreen" for which I cannot locate a dealer in India.
After reading about angular gain and way glass beaded screen maximizes it, I have started searching for glass beaded screen.
Please share your inputs on this. I have no experience whatsoever in glass beads, not even a sample.
I would like to setup a 170 16:9 fixed frame screen. Please help me in the following
1. Which brand and where to demo
2. Problems in hot spotting and how to avoid ( Mixing of grey/silver with glass beads, or patching up of the material with something in the place of hotspot, or any such material which has no such problems)
3. Is glass bead right choice, or some variations of white which offer similar high gain such as 2.8 Da-Lite.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It is a good idea that you are considering to buy the projector and screen at one go.

If you will visit some forum members and request a demo of their screen, you will get a more clearer and neutral idea.

V.

Thanks
Sanjeev

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back