Godrej DVD Player

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know about Godrej DVD player

Godrej DVD Player 607

This was offered for Rs. 1750 at Viveks today.

The sales man mentioned there is a replacement gaurantee for 1 year.

Regards,
Shama

Hey Shama... one of the codes of being a part of this forum says never pick up a super market special DVD player. Jokes aside keep away from Godrej technicalities apart just a simple fact that this is not their core competency i mean godrej doesnt make any AV gear. Try looking at Pioneer, Philips Sony Samsung instead. One of my colleagues picked up this DVD player by "Wansa" and its already having problems in audio. So beware!

Godrej is not known in the AV arena at all. This is probably another cheap player with their branding. For few more Rs. you can get decent brand name ones. Without seeing one of these in action, I would suspect your computer DVD player to perform equally or better than this.

Hai Guys,

Happy new year to all HiFI Visioners.
Of late it has become fashion for Washing Machine Manufacturers, Fridge and AC manufacturers etc. etc to venture in to the field of AV Gears including cheap DVD players. Though they are trusted names in their own field they are novice in AV products.We have trusted names like Phillips, Samsug, Sony LG etc. who are pumpingout DVD players with ultramodern technical features at down to earth prices and they are highly reliable products.Though I have high end DVD players I went to one of the Phillips dealer who offered Phillips DVD player Model No.DVP-3142 @ Rs.1700/- with 1 year Manufacturer warrenty which has all latest features including Dvix except HDMI. The picture quality and 5.1 analog and also coaxial out all are excellent. So i request my Forum friends who are beginners in AV to lookout for yearend clearence sale from these reputed manufacturers of AV Products.

hi guys,

thanks for all your response.

The godrej dvd player idea was a crap and when went back there was no stock in Viveks (thank god I was saved)

I tried playing USB drive on many local make and even branded ones.

The unbranded couldn't even recognize or read the USB drive

Some branded ones like SAMSUNG, LG and even Godrej could read but was taking a long long long... time to show up.

But Philips was amazing within a few seconds it flashed on the screen the content of my USB.

I purchase Philips DVP3256 for 2.8K yesterday and it is value for money I would say.

The only downfall is that it doesn't have Optical it has only coaxial output, otherwise the picture and sound quality is excellent.

Regards,
Shama

The only downfall is that it doesn't have Optical it has only coaxial output, otherwise the picture and sound quality is excellent.

Regards,
Shama

This is not really a downfall as coax will provide the same level of listening experience as the optical for 5.1 sound.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back