Good Broadband Service provider in Aundh, Pune

mbhangui

Browsing HiFiVision on a Photon Card sucks

At Chennai I had a broadband connection from Airtel. Stellar Service. I remember just 4 or 5 issues in around 7 years of the service. Just make a complaint to Customer Care on phone or email, you would get a call within few minutes.

After shifting to Pune, I took this connection from Tata Communications SME. Till now I have never got the 500 Kbps speed that the unlimited package I have taken is supposed to give. It goes down frequently. I had a major downtime from 11th June to 18th June. After complaining to some senior, the service was up from 19th June till 22 June. It has again gone down.

Has anyone else experienced such pathetic service from Tata Broadband?

The customer care responds only if the issue can be resolved. I am now fed up with this service. Though I am supposed to get a discount being an employee of Tata Group, I don't think I can continue any longer with a service which has a brick wall for Customer Care :mad:

Which is a good service provider in Aundh? Does anyone have contact details for anyone I can call to get the service?

Which is a good service provider in Aundh? Does anyone have contact details for anyone I can call to get the service?

I don't think there is any "absolute" standard for good service. Everything is quite relative. I recently switched to You Telecom from Tikona. And generally happy. Not that there was no disruption in service, but the response was quite quick. Speeds are sometimes good.

Claimed is 12mbps. But actual can be quite less. Right now I am getting only 1mbps, i.e. about 100KBytes/sec. I am happy that all routers are supported (using PPPoE) and I have bridged two wifi routers and everything is working fine.

I don't think there is any "absolute" standard for good service. Everything is quite relative. I recently switched to You Telecom from Tikona. And generally happy. Not that there was no disruption in service, but the response was quite quick. Speeds are sometimes good.

Claimed is 12mbps. But actual can be quite less. Right now I am getting only 1mbps, i.e. about 100KBytes/sec. I am happy that all routers are supported (using PPPoE) and I have bridged two wifi routers and everything is working fine.

Thanks Vikoma,

The speeds are too good. I think I will also switch to You Telecom. I am currently paying 1200 PM (unlimited package) for a lousy service. What do you pay for this service? Is there any FUP limit on the data?

I also use PPPoE with my Apple Airport Express. So this suits me.

Last edited:
Thanks Vikoma,

The speeds are too good. I think I will also switch to You Telecom. I am currently paying 1200 PM (unlimited package) for a lousy service. What do you pay for this service?

I have currently taken a data limited plan - Tornado 12mbps 36GB for 3 months at Rs. 1822, Some Rs. 500 odd installation charges, and modem deposit of Rs. 750/-.

mbhangui, I use an Airtel wired broadband at Pashan. Very few disruptions in last 3 years. Any problem gets resolved within 1 day.

~Swapnil

I stay in Aundh am using BSNL broadband since last 7yrs. Currently on 900 combo unlimited plan (4mbps upto 8GB) and get 3.5 mbps consistently till the 8 GB limit is reached. There havent been almost any disruptions in BSNL service in last 7 yrs. The biggest one was last one when I changed the plan and user name/password were changed and I was not aware of it.

I stay in Aundh am using BSNL broadband since last 7yrs. Currently on 900 combo unlimited plan (4mbps upto 8GB) and get 3.5 mbps consistently till the 8 GB limit is reached. There havent been almost any disruptions in BSNL service in last 7 yrs. The biggest one was last one when I changed the plan and user name/password were changed and I was not aware of it.

I have been using BSNL as well and find it pretty rock solid. So far in the last 1.5 year, I have not faced a downtime.
I get between 3-3.5 mbps most of the time

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back