Good Carpenters - All Cities

madbullram

Hi all,
I have been hunting for a good carpenter who can help me make the designs I need. I don't have good time in hand but I want to work with a carpenter and design my cabinets. You can call it semi-DIY :).

I searched every forum but its hard to see even one good reference. So, I wanted to open a thread where people can give references to good carpenters they come accross. This will help people in making an informed decision.

My humble request is, please post the following details if you have a good carpenter.

Name of carpenter:
Contact Number and Address:
City:
Work done:
cost (if possible):
Your review of the person:

Thanks!

I have a carpenter near my home , if you are interested you can come to kolkatta along with the woods you have purchased and sit with him and have the work done.
Just joking , i dont think any carpenters will understand what we are saying to him , they are busy in making doors and windows . i have tried a carpenter when i was planning to make a speaker stand and i could not make him understand untill i showed him a picture of what i was planning to do.

hope you get a good one in your city.

david.

I think its a very good initiative. We wouldnt mind showing them pictures of the work thats needed. But just specify street smart carpenters who once shown visual example can reproduce it.

I have a carpenter near my home , if you are interested you can come to kolkatta along with the woods you have purchased and sit with him and have the work done.
Just joking , i dont think any carpenters will understand what we are saying to him , they are busy in making doors and windows . i have tried a carpenter when i was planning to make a speaker stand and i could not make him understand untill i showed him a picture of what i was planning to do.

hope you get a good one in your city.

david.

LOL, in fact for the amount of time I am wasting, if you really have a good carpenter dont mind coming there :D

Trivandrum

name vasudevan

makes only speaker boxes (advantage), making for the past 30 years.

his eyes glitter when he see's gandhi paper and when he see's bolton kw series

lazy ***

insist on ur measurements

2k for my 8",5",4" three way

2.5k for my csns 10", 5",4",1"

I got a guy called Babu to make my FRs, gave him the drawings and he was able to take it from there with a little guidance. Paid 3.6K labour(350/day-he was well worth it+250/day for his asst-which was a bit high).Job was well done. Is familiar with speaker enclosures. 9880529987

The earlier wod working outfit I used would probably have cost me a bit more.

Hi Guys,

Where is the thread starter? He is not to be seen around here for some time. Is he busy tying the knot?:)

cheers,
sri

Name: Kesavan
Address: Tambaram, Chennai (9940474187)
Place: Chennai
Work done: Has done lot of interior work in various apartments (Number of apartments he has done - no count though!)
Cost: Based on your requirement
Review of the person: Personally seen his work and am satisified. (Will likely take his service for me too)
Other info: He is no hifi guy. He has not net ads, paper ads or whatsoever. He is working based on referrals. (His job shows his skill). He has ideas/designs which he follows (for those who does not know anything about interiors). If the customer provides him ideas, he also does that too.

Name: Kesavan
Address: Tambaram, Chennai (9940474187)
Place: Chennai
Work done: Has done lot of interior work in various apartments (Number of apartments he has done - no count though!)
Cost: Based on your requirement
Review of the person: Personally seen his work and am satisified. (Will likely take his service for me too)
Other info: He is no hifi guy. He has not net ads, paper ads or whatsoever. He is working based on referrals. (His job shows his skill). He has ideas/designs which he follows (for those who does not know anything about interiors). If the customer provides him ideas, he also does that too.

Hi SG, is this guy good at veneering? Have you had anything done through him personally? Thanks for your inputs!

I had good output from one of the local carpenters in Hyd (across the last 2 years where I spent 1lakh+ on cupboards and a wall unit). If you need contact details, PM me.

Thanks for all your replies and offers for help guy, appreciate it much. At this time, I am trying to see if I can get someone in Chennai or Bangalore and I'm not in a hurry...

I had good output from one of the local carpenters in Hyd (across the last 2 years where I spent 1lakh+ on cupboards and a wall unit). If you need contact details, PM me.

It would be beneficial to all if you post the details here.
And it would also show up if someone does a forum
search many moons down the line.

Quad, somehow I am not comfortable in publishing a mobile # on a public forum. Anyways, I hope to be on this forum for many moons down the line.

Hi All,
Does anyone in Chennai know of a good (and reliable) carpenter who would be willing to work on a speaker project? I'm also looking at good quality veneering for the cabs. I'd appreciate all your assistance. Thanks.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back