Good experience with Borderlinx/ DHL

Santy

Ordered Mogami balanced cables and a SVS subwoofer cable and got them shipped to their warehouse in US. Once 'released', the items were delivered in 4 days flat. Impressive!

dhl_zps578773c2.jpg

Would like to highlight some points though some may be already mentioned in the older posts.

- Their customer service is very professional and helpful (chat and email). Their FAQs are quite elaborate too
- The same agent who supported you first keeps coming on chat, unless unavailable
- They quickly alert you when your item arrives in your suite.
- They ask you to send the invoice if that is missing with the package for correct calculation of duty
- They do repacking which aims at reducing the size / wieght of the original package
- We can consolidate the packages into one consignment. They will hold the items for one month unless you release them. So once all your items reach, you can consolidate and release together. This results in really good savings. I saved about 25% on total cost (or about 50% of shipping cost) by opting for it. This does not mean packing all items into one box though. They are just sent 'together'.
- DHL is very fast even in standard shipping. Very prompt in updating status. Cleared customs in a jiffy.

Only grime on their service going by my experience is that their warehouse is shut on Saturdays. Delivery of one cable failed as Borderlinx was closed. I don't understand what is so difficult to station one man at the gate. Fortunately, USPS delivered it the next business day without requesting for it. Also the actual duty/ shipping seems to be more than what their calculator indicates - about 10%. But I think it was all worth it. Compared to ishop, I guess the shipping charges could be about 5 to 10% more, not very sure.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back