Good home theatre system for my room under 60k

You can buy an LG brand for home Theater. In this price range, you can buy LG HX906TX Home theater. This Home Theater has a superior sound system. This entertainment system will also come with WI-Fi, LG Smart TV functions and supports external HDD playback.

Suprised to see someone recommending toy brands like LG in this forum. Had auditioned Sony's Muteki few days back..sound nowhere close to what you get from brands like Yamaha/Denon/Onkyo/Pioneer.

Ok guys! Sorry for the late reply .. I auditioned a lot of speakers and my review is this:-
First that I auditioned was the onkyo 515 + klipsch satellite speaker set ( I exactly don't know the model number but it was theatre hd)
Price- 46500 + 60000
Sound- good but not that which can compel you to spend so much. The bass started to waver at high volumes although the overall experience was good. The aesthetics of the speakers were good.
Next up was onkyo 515 + jamo floor standers (608)
Price - 46500 + 35000
Sound - damn good. Better than the klipsch. The bass was punchy and the 2.1 system was enough to fill the whole room. The only constraint was that they were floor standers and I heard them for the sake of it .. There is no way I can fit it in my room.
I auditioned even the energy floorstanders but as I said I cannot eat floor standers spit was out of question. The sound was good though.
All these I auditioned at beats99 ghatkopar mumbai. The owner was kind and Helpful but somehow I found him to be inclined more towards onkyo. He was asking me to hear even the onkyo speakers which I said no.
Next up I went to avenue sound.cumballa hill mumbai.
Talked with ashish on the phones.. A genuine down to earth man who gave me directions to his place. A very friendly person.
The shop was small.
First up was the marantz sr5007 + kef 1505
Scene- book of Eli fighting scene
Price- 50k + 80k ( haven't negotiated with him about the price although I m sure I can get him down a little bit)
Sound - MIND BLOWING. The sub killed it . The bullets sound was as if it hit me . The speakers were sharp and the volume was not even half. All in all. The best speakers I have heard till date.
Next up was marantz sr5007 + polk rm6750
Price- 50k + 35k
Sound- damn good but I guess the tuning wasn't done properly so it kind of hit in the ears ( the bullet sound) overall. A good speaker set and reciever combination but nothing compared with the kef's
I even heard a in ceiling speakers from speaker craft but they were way out of budget
The owner (ashish) even said he has kef's kht 2000 which have the same sound that the 1505 have at his navi mumbai showroom and can get me a demo of any system I want at my place itself!
Price quoted for kef 2000 - 50k
He said we can pair that with the yamaha v473 to fit my budget.
So this'd are the systems that I have auditioned and again sorry for the long post the late reply!

On net the price of kef 1505 is 50k and that of 2000 is 80k .. I think the dealer might have goofed up on both of them.

Hello guys.. Finally bought a marantz sr5007 and a kef kht1505gb 5.1 system from Avenue sound :) it set me a back by 1 lac.. Excluding wiring and installation charges. The av reciever cost 50k and the speakers 50k.. The owner(ashish) gave me a demo of the system at my place only.. And Only at my place we negotiated the prices.. The set up will be done tomorrow so I ll update on the total cost :) and also post pictures :)

hello guys .. So finally got my system installed. the centre channel is placed beneath the tv . surrounds have been installed on the extreme corners and the left channel and right channel have been placed a little away from the walls. the sub has been placed beneath the drawer and the amp has been placed on the table . the pics are given below . Once again thanks to avenue sound and specially ashish (owner) . came to my place during installation. the installation took approx. 4 hours because i dint have concealed wiring in my room and had to install the casing also .
rajadeep have you bought your procinema from avenue sound as well? he mentioned one person who bought the procinema 1000 from his place along with a 2000 centre. even showed me the pics.

Attachments

• IMG-20130407-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20130407-WA0013.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG-20130407-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20130407-WA0015.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG-20130407-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20130407-WA0010.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-20130407-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20130407-WA0014.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-20130407-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20130407-WA0012.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 55
these are the pics of the sub and the reciever .
the system is working perfectly fine. watched transformers dark of the moon and it was just mind blowing. would highly recommend the kef speaers to anyone who has a budget of 50k above for speakers. the sub is just mind blowing.
aonce again thank you everyone for your help :) highly appreciate it :)

Attachments

• IMG-20130407-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20130407-WA0009.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG-20130407-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20130407-WA0011.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 56
Srry for my late reply... Anyway I didnt buy the procinema from Ashish but rather from sharper image worli(official Indian version)... I wanted to buy from Ashish as he was selling for 10-12k cheaper, but he sold it about a week before I called him... I couldn't buy it earlier as I hadn't auditioned it yet & wasnt able to find time to visit mumbai & demo speakers... Long story short I am not really that sad over buying officially from a Indian dealer as their pricing is pretty competitive...

Back