Good Indian music

nocrapman

I live in the US for the last few years, so have been slowly getting out of touch with Indian music scene.
The ones I listen to a lot from a few years ago are
Indian Ocean: Kandisa; Jhini
Fuzon: Saagar
Some other Sufi and Fusion based albums and artists.

Looking for some fresh recommendations for great recording you might have heard/love. Always looking to expand the breadth of my experience.... so feel free to make suggestions.

I live in the US for the last few years, so have been slowly getting out of touch with Indian music scene.
The ones I listen to a lot from a few years ago are
Indian Ocean: Kandisa; Jhini
Fuzon: Saagar
Some other Sufi and Fusion based albums and artists.

Looking for some fresh recommendations for great recording you might have heard/love. Always looking to expand the breadth of my experience.... so feel free to make suggestions.

Ncman, have you listened to Euphoria? check out their album Dhoom, Phir Dhoom etc

Ncman, have you listened to Euphoria? check out their album Dhoom, Phir Dhoom etc

Thanks for the first suggestions!
I have heard some of their songs here and there but dont have the original albums.
Will be running a list here:

1. Euphoria - Dhoom, Phir Dhoom.

Give me some more!!

There is actually an ocean out there. Some additional artists to add are Shaan, Shankar/Ehsaan/Loy.

Cheers

There is actually an ocean out there. Some additional artists to add are Shaan, Shankar/Ehsaan/Loy.

Cheers

Ncman, What all music are you looking at? Indian movies soundtracks? Albums?
Which languages? Or are you looking for Classical/ Ghazal etc?

Cheers

Thanks for the additions. From what I remember, these guys are mostly associated with movie soundtracks... right?

I would prefer specific movies, albums etc.
I am mostly looking for music in Hindi/Urdu or classical music that transcends language barriers.
Ghazals, Kawwalis, Insturmental are all good!
The only stipulation I have, since I have recently acquired some very good speakers... that the recording quality be good. Some times on old Indian recordings, there is an incredible amount of grainy-ness...and my highly revealing speakers just amplify those imperfections. A lot of remasters lately have tried to correct for that though.
Again thanks to everyone for contributing!

Regards,
Prashant.

Thanks for the additions. From what I remember, these guys are mostly associated with movie soundtracks... right?
I would prefer specific movies, albums etc.
Ghazals, Kawwalis, Insturmental are all good!

Shaan has sung a number of very good Hindi pop songs. Listen to some at Best Of Shaan Songs, Music, Videos, Download MP3 Songs, Bollywood Hindi Pop Album on Dhingana.com.

Similarly Shankar Ehsaan Loy also have a wide variety of songs outside films. Visit their site (Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy :: SEL Official Website). Remember Breathless that shot the group to fame? Another artist you can look at is Lucky Ali.

Recommending specific movies albums is literally impossible because of differences in taste. There are a number of good on-line sites such as bollywoodmusic.com, raaga.com, musicindiaonline.com where you can sample a variety of music. That will be an easier method to select and get the music that suits your tastes.

Cheers

if you are looking into something other than popular albums and movies songs...try samples from nitin sawhney, NFAK, trilok gurtu, talvin singh
krishna lila - dj cheb i sabbaah and morning raga(movie) have popular classical numbers (sort of fusion/mix without overdoing it)

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back