good quality 5 amp 2 pin plug

I think that everybody has made good practical points.
You can always use a 15A socket/plug for an equipment which consumes less than 5 A of current. But you cannot do the opposite (using 5A socket/plug for equipment consuming around 5A or more)
Indeed, and this is not to do with the appliance cable, it is to do with the socket and the house cabling.

People will have strong opinions on cables, plugs, sockets and audio. I do not believe most of the stuff in this area. Somewhere, I read to the effect that, if your amplifier is sensitive to a change in cable or plug, its power supply must be so badly designed that you should throw it away --- from a high-end amplifier designer. But that is by the way, and this thread should not become another cables-can/cables-can't argument, unless it is a case of troubleshooting. I can't see how a cable or plug could produce the thumping symptom described earlier in the thread, but such a symptom doesn't sound like arguable audiophile subtlety, it sounds like something that requires the attention of an engineer, or a warranty claim.

But throw that 2-pin thing away: regardless of quality, it is not even getting the polarity right. Fit a 3-pin plug. Which one probably doesn't matter much.

clear difference between a 15 amp and a 5 amp plug. sound is better defined and tighter with the former.

Hmmm... looking forward to someone doing some blind testing on that one --- but also glad that you have a proper and safe connection for your equipment now :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back