Good Quality Audio for Bedroom

vibhash86

Hi Everyone

I want to put up a good audio system for my bedroom. My budget is around Rs 1lac. the main usage will be to watch movies and to stream music through my phone. Two zone audio will be an added bonus. Guys please suggest a decent system and if possible where I can get a demo for the same in Delhi/Gurgaon.

PS.. the room size is 16x18. It also has a separate sitting area where i can use the 2 zone system to play diff music.

Do you want a 5.1 set up for movies and 2.0 for the music ? You don't need different zones, you can just have one set up and you can switch between movies and music. Do you currently own a system ?

But I would suggest to go with 2.1
It will satisfy your needs. Telling with my experience. And Cox u r on a tighter budget 5.1 system will not give good bass in this budget.
Think of two zone later. First concentrate on the primary system.

Last edited:
get a stereo setup. At your budget your options are endless.
Though i categorically dislike Bose system, i do have a 3.2.1 system and its been one of the best 2.1 i have ever had.

Else a stereo amp with a pair of bookshelves is all you need.

Do you want a 5.1 set up for movies and 2.0 for the music ? You don't need different zones, you can just have one set up and you can switch between movies and music. Do you currently own a system ?

Sorry to boycott this thread, But can you please tell me on how to switch between Movies and Music ? Music being 2.0 and Movies 5.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone

I want to put up a good audio system for my bedroom. My budget is around Rs 1lac. the main usage will be to watch movies and to stream music through my phone. the room size is 16x18.

Fairly good room size.. Look for a mid range AVR which have bluetooth & wi-fi integrated these days..and then try to add components.. I would suggest to go with dual identical subs..

Two zone audio will be an added bonus. Guys please suggest a decent system and if possible where I can get a demo for the same in Delhi/Gurgaon.

PS.. . It also has a separate sitting area where i can use the 2 zone system to play diff music.

Adding speakers for Zone 2 capability will eat your budget.. So skip the Zone 2 for time being..

Complete your 5/7.x setup in your budget, if u still need Zone 2, you can add it..

A 5.1 system for a bedroom might be a overkill for some. Atleast for me. Better would be to consider a good quality all in one like the Marantz mcr-611 or the bluesound powernode 2. I have the powernode 1, which is the previous generation, and it sounds really good. The added app based control from my phone and tablet is really wonderful, so you can stream music sitting in your bed. You can add the Dali sensor's 3 to the powernode to have one hell of a system, if you like pacy western numbers. If you are more into the likes of ghazals or Adele, then you con consider the Qacoustics concept 20's.

For zone 2 , you can just add a speaker switcher from monoprice to alternate between the set of speakers. It is much cheaper than going for an Integrated amp with 2 speaker out binding posts. If you take the Dali zensor 3's, you will not immediately need a sub woofer. And the combination of the powernode 2 + Zensor 3's, is exactly topping off at your budget. In case you want to again upgrade in the future, just upgrade the speakers for something better like the KEF R100 for instance. The powernode 2, will be a keeper for a really long time. I really love mine. Cheers...:)

I just happened to see an article in 'whathifi' website. Titled - best audio system for 1000 pounds. They were waxing eloquent on the below combination :

Marantz cd6006 + Onkyo 9010 + Qacoustics 3020

You can go with Q acoustics bt3+ a svs subwoofer which can be directly connected to the speakers. And these speakers have connectivity options like Bluetooth, optical, LINE in, aux in.
It will cost you around 80 to 90k

Where's the subwoofer in this setup?he will surely need a sub-woofer for movies
I just happened to see an article in 'whathifi' website. Titled - best audio system for 1000 pounds. They were waxing eloquent on the below combination :

Marantz cd6006 + Onkyo 9010 + Qacoustics 3020

Setting aside the zone 2 for now, What amp and speaker setup can i look at?? Also many people now are suggesting soundbars these days. How will they compare to the system?

Last edited:
Soundbars are fine for upgrading TV only audio. Music wise they might fall short of an quality experience. but it really depends what you as a listener is expecting out of the system. If music is a priority, I would suggest get an amp and a pair of bookshelves, add chromecast audio for the streaming requirement. If you can post a pic of the room ,or the area where you intend to keep the system, it might be easier for other FM's to chime in and really focus where to spend the money. Also depending on what kind of music you listen to helps and what source besides the phone you may intend to use.

I still have a Yamaha YHT S400 in my parents living room. Yamaha sound bars are really good. You can get a good bargain if you look around. This was my first audio system ever. When the MRP was 39 K I found a demo piece for 19 K in a mall, and went for it, as I didn't want to spend full money.

Iam still very happy with it. But it doesn't have any bells or whistles like wifi , Bluetooth or audio return channel. But, from my experience, sound bars can be good for movies, aa well as for music. But, just dont expect things like soundstage and imaging.

Get Marantz 1606 AVR at 49k highly discounted and VFM at the moment.

For 2.1 ( this is the best option IMHO) Get Dali zensor 3 and Taga SW 10 or Boston 250 Subwoofer currently.
Add the Surrounds later as next upgrade like Zensor 1 which could even work as main drivers for listening zone. Add Dali Vokal center for next upgrade along with Surrounds.

For 5.1 get Taga 606 package and Taga SW 10 subwoofer.
Or
Boston Acoustics BA26, 220c center, Boston or Taga subwoofer mentioned above and Wharfedale dfs 10 Surrounds etc

Building a Speaker system around Marantz 1606 AVR seems to be a better option which will suit for both movies as well as Music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back