Good soundbar for background music

vkalia

Hi folks -

Need a suggestion for our study area TV: am looking for options which would work with the TV and also be good at providing background music - while i will not be listening critically, i still would like something that sounds good: clean, warm, natural, musical. It needs to take 2 inputs - one from the TV (optical or HDMI) and one from my Sonos unit (optical).

I also have a spare Marantz PM6007 lying around and worst case, i will get a pair of small bookshelves for 25-30k (QAcoustics 3020i/3030i maybe?) and call it a day, with the option to add a subwoofer later.

But I'm curious if there are any good 2.1 soundbar or "lifestyle" options that might also fit the bill in the same ballpark. All the nicer soundbars i see are (a) closer to a lakh and (b) have 5436.8 channels, which is a bit too many.

TIA

Hi folks -

Need a suggestion for our study area TV: am looking for options which would work with the TV and also be good at providing background music - while i will not be listening critically, i still would like something that sounds good: clean, warm, natural, musical. It needs to take 2 inputs - one from the TV (optical or HDMI) and one from my Sonos unit (optical).

I also have a spare Marantz PM6007 lying around and worst case, i will get a pair of small bookshelves for 25-30k (QAcoustics 3020i/3030i maybe?) and call it a day, with the option to add a subwoofer later.

But I'm curious if there are any good 2.1 soundbar or "lifestyle" options that might also fit the bill in the same ballpark. All the nicer soundbars i see are (a) closer to a lakh and (b) have 5436.8 channels, which is a bit too many.

TIA
Did you check out Jbl bar 2.1 or Yamaha 2.1 bars?

Hi folks -

TIA
Advantage of a soundbar is the convenience especially if your TV has a ARC out but in sound quality nothing can beat the amp +speaker combo. Big drivers make a difference .

Ambient / background music feels good when it is coming from celling. This is my my personal experience and preference. Flute sounds, wind and rain sounds for relaxation feels realistic. :) .

Advantage of a soundbar is the convenience especially if your TV has a ARC out but in sound quality nothing can beat the amp +speaker combo. Big drivers make a difference .

Yeah, I don’t expect the same quality out of a soundbar. But I just wonder if it will be good enough.

One reason is the TV is to the side of our work table (my wife and I work on opposite ends). So I am closer to one speaker and she is closer to the other - whereas, with a soundbar, the sound would be entered better for both of us.

Even a decent “lifestyle system” (ugh) in mono would work.

But all this is contingent on a certain minimum level of quality.

I am not sure if this will work for you. just check these out. There is a range of speaker from Sonodyne. These are proper Bluetooth stereo speakers with inbuilt Class D amplifier. Named as Alap (80w rms), Bandish(120w rms) & Malhar(180w rms). Check these with reviews on Amazon online. I am sure these will sound good. Can be connected to TV with digital Toslink and got various other connectivity options. But the Hdmi arc connectivity is not there. If you are looking for perfection in music then do not go for any soundbar rather look for other options.

Yeah, I don’t expect the same quality out of a soundbar. But I just wonder if it will be good enough.

One reason is the TV is to the side of our work table (my wife and I work on opposite ends). So I am closer to one speaker and she is closer to the other - whereas, with a soundbar, the sound would be entered better for both of us.

Even a decent “lifestyle system” (ugh) in mono would work.

But all this is contingent on a certain minimum level of quality.
Maybe just keep both speakers together in the centre ? You can lay them on the side and simulate a soundbar :)

Back